DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro in -30 wind chill. Minnesota winter in the city.

BingErr

Reactions
Wanted to see how the M2P handled in extreme cold. Since yesterday the actual temp was -8 F and the wind chill was around -30 I thought this might be the coldest it gets this winter in Minnesota. The M2P flew perfectly, but I didn't have the balls to test out the Mavic Mini.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't think wind chill factor is apropos for machinery (inanimate objects), though it does decrease cooling time to the actual temperature. Wind chill applies to the lowering of body temperature due to airflow over exposed skin.

So you flew in -8 F. Still pretty darn cold.

I don't think wind chill factor is apropos for machinery (inanimate objects), though it does decrease cooling time to the actual temperature. Wind chill applies to the lowering of body temperature due to airflow over exposed skin.

So you flew in -8 F. Still pretty darn cold.
I guess I thought it would cool the battery faster. Thanks for the info.

Just did a little research on wind chill and confirmed what you already said. Wind chill cannot cool an object colder than the actual temp, but it will speed up the cooling process. So I would think the battery would cool faster in strong wind... possibly.

Last edited:
Wanted to see how the M2P handled in extreme cold. Since yesterday the actual temp was -8 F and the wind chill was around -30 I thought this might be the coldest it gets this winter in Minnesota. The M2P flew perfectly, but I didn't have the balls to test out the Mavic Mini.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice flying and editing! What was the wind speed?
Thanks for posting this. It’s nice to know the M2Pro can handle those conditions!

Reactions: BingErr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raidamaisa