DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro + Litchi and wrong Date Created

danCER

Reactions
Hello. When I first got my Mavic 2 Pro(ordered on first day of BIG Promotion by DJI) I could only use the DJI4GO app to fly. When I transferred the video from SD Card(Sandisk Extreme PLUS 64GB), to my laptop there was no time error in Windows File Explorer.
When Litchi became available I started flying with it. Now I notice when I see the videos on the same SD card, the date is always 9/19/2018. When I transfer the videos to PC again, the wrong date shows up in Date Created Column or Date Column etc in file explorer.
The time is correct on the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet I always use and it worked with DJI4GO app.
Anyone else have this issue and a possible fix? I do have a program on my PC where I can change the time/date but I shouldn't have to use it everytime.
Thanks for your thoughts and help.

Last edited:
Reactions: t-train and wsteele
I have a M2P with a Samsung S7 running Litchi. I thought it wasn't saving pics/videos when testing waypoints but finally noticed that it's saving the images but under the wrong date and time. In this case the date/time is about about 20 hours earlier than the correct date/time.

Reactions: t-train
The Date Created and Date in Details is often wrong. I have no idea what timezone it uses, minus GMT? Isn't consistent either.
Date Modified seems correct though.

I found similar foe my P3 records.

FWIW

I'm a bit new here, but I came across this head scratcher a couple of days ago and just did a few tests - I formatted the SD card and the internal storage, then took a single picture with Litchi and one with DJI Go and Litchi's date was 19DEC2018 (It's currently 23DEC2018), so whatever is going on, DJI's app would appear to work fine.. And unless there's a time zone stuck 4 days and ~5 hours in the past... I don't think its a time zone problem. I also checked the tablet's date/time and it's correct - though I had this same problem with my phone as well (different brand).

So while not 100% conclusive that there's something up with Litchi, odds are.... BTW, @danCER - the tablet I was using is also a K1. Phone is a Pixel 3XL. I'm currently manually sorting things into folders (I'm not spending blah amount of time to fix the meta data right now)

Reactions: t-train
Quick update (forgot) - I got a reply from Litchi (02JAN19) that they are aware of the issue and are waiting on a "DJI SDK fix".

One thing I haven't tried - maybe someone already mentioned it and I missed/forgot - is this a issue specific to Android? I know its storing on the sd card, but I'm guessing there's some info coming from whatever phone/tablet that's connected to tell it do do *something* with <stuff> (or not)

Hey all here is a follow up:
I had contacted litchi support a while back and they could not help me with the time issue.
I recently -a day or so ago-updated Litchi and viola! The time is correct now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato