DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro or Mini 2 for motorcycle travel

mferring

Reactions
Hello all. New user hear. Have owned a Mavic 2 pro for about a year. Love it.

Going on a several month motorcycle cross country trip and want to bring a drone. Although not my favorite, I can stuff my Mavic 2 Pro into the Fly more case which is amazingly small. I have considered purchasing the Mini 2 to take instead. It is much smaller and lighter. However, amazingly, the fly more case for the Mini 2 appears to be about the same volume as the Mavic 2 Pro case. Around 5 x 7 x 9, the weight while travelling doesn't really matter to me. And of course, the Mavic 2 is more capable. And I believe it handles wind much better???

I would really appreciate the opinion of those of you with experience with both drones. If the storage case is basically the same size as my Mavic 2 Pro fly more case, what would be the reason for spending $600 on the Mini 2 for this trip?

Appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Mark

You could get the Mini 2 with a more bare-bones set of accessories and put together your own, smaller-than-fly-more kit.

But if you must have all the that the Mini fly-more kit comes with and that's about the same size, then yeah, I would bring the Mavic pro.

FWIW, I've only the Mini2 and it's great for portability. Everything fits smoothly in the case that comes with the combo. You're talking a third of the weight and volume of the M2P, with (let me speculate) 75% of the capability. Main downside of Mini2 for a bike trip, imho, would be less wind resistance.
Have a great trip!

Last edited:
Reactions: ClassicFLH
Hello all. New user hear. Have owned a Mavic 2 pro for about a year. Love it.

Going on a several month motorcycle cross country trip and want to bring a drone. Although not my favorite, I can stuff my Mavic 2 Pro into the Fly more case which is amazingly small. I have considered purchasing the Mini 2 to take instead. It is much smaller and lighter. However, amazingly, the fly more case for the Mini 2 appears to be about the same volume as the Mavic 2 Pro case. Around 5 x 7 x 9, the weight while travelling doesn't really matter to me. And of course, the Mavic 2 is more capable. And I believe it handles wind much better???

I would really appreciate the opinion of those of you with experience with both drones. If the storage case is basically the same size as my Mavic 2 Pro fly more case, what would be the reason for spending $600 on the Mini 2 for this trip?

Appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Mark
I travel a lot on my BMW RT. I take my M2P with me all the time. I either put it in my hard side case or on top of my seat rack depending on the distance between flights. Never had a problem. Bryan.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121