DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro remote not connecting to iphone 11

TheFilmStudio

Reactions
Hi guys - I fly my mavic 2 pro on a regular basis. The last time i flew it was last saturday. Yesterday I went out for a flight and my RC wouldn't connect with my phone. I uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI go 4 app and still nothing. It was as if the app was not recognising the the cable had been plugged into the phone. I tried a new micro usb cable and still nothing. I tried to connect my remote to the DJI Assistant 2 for mavic app on my imac and it wouldn't read. At this point i decided to update the firmware on my drone which i did fine.

This morning I tried it again and it worked. I flew around and went back to work - now the same problem is happening again, where the phone does not detect the cable being plugged in. If tried everything (connecting a different phone, iphone and android, changed cables, uninstalled app etc).

I thought it might be the usb port on the controller so i tested it by putting it on charge and it charging fine.

I seriously need some help guys because i'm totally out of options.

It could still be the USB port on the controller if the data pins on the controller’s socket is intermittent/damaged.

The socket has been an issue in several cases reported on the forum.

Reactions: TheFilmStudio
It could still be the USB port on the controller if the data pins on the controller’s socket is intermittent/damaged.

The socket has been an issue in several cases reported on the forum.
oh wow - i didn't realise that. What's the best way to check this / fix this?

I always use the large USB-A socket on the controller, and only use the micro-USB for charging. A good quality cable between the phone and USB-A socket is known to be a more stable connection.

oh wow - i didn't realise that. What's the best way to check this / fix this?
Unless you’re handy with a very fine soldering iron and a steady hand, the best option, though inconvenient when using a phone, is to connect through the base USB socket instead.

It is repairable though.

Unless you’re handy with a very fine soldering iron and a steady hand, the best option, though inconvenient when using a phone, is to connect through the base USB socket instead.

It is repairable though.
Lol - i wouldn't trust my soldering ability :) so I did try that but there was still no connection using the other USB socket

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851