DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Wide angle Lens [drone mapping]

nonrev69

Reactions
Hi, I have just come across a few FOV lens which increase the Mavic 2 Fov by 35%. my question is would this help reduce map flying times as I have noticed the Mavic 3 enterprise with its longer batter and wide FOV can cover a larger area visually with fewer photos or is and FOV 120 degrees too wide to process in a photogrammetry software afterwards.

Cheers for any info

Hi, I have just come across a few FOV lens which increase the Mavic 2 Fov by 35%. my question is would this help reduce map flying times as I have noticed the Mavic 3 enterprise with its longer batter and wide FOV can cover a larger area visually with fewer photos or is and FOV 120 degrees too wide to process in a photogrammetry software afterwards.
The difference in FoV between the Mavic 3 Enterprise and Mavic 2 pro is 84° vs 77° ... that's hardly anything and you can easily cover the same area with just a small increase in flying height.
There's nothing you can do about the significant extra flight time that the 3 gets.
But slapping an extra wide supplementary lens on the Mavic 2 pro would result in image degradation (not something you want in mapping).
The Mavic 2 has a good lens for mapping missions.
It would be better to leave it alone.

The difference in FoV between the Mavic 3 Enterprise and Mavic 2 pro is 84° vs 77° ... that's hardly anything and you can easily cover the same area with just a small increase in flying height.
There's nothing you can do about the significant extra flight time that the 3 gets.
But slapping an extra wide supplementary lens on the Mavic 2 pro would result in image degradation (not something you want in mapping).
The Mavic 2 has a good lens for mapping missions.
It would be better to leave it alone.
Perfect, thanks for the advice!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbertram