DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 remote battery drainage

continentkofi

Reactions
Why does my mavic 2 remote battery keeps discharging on its own without being used? I leave it fully charged and by the next time I check, the battery has discharged to 90% and then continues as the days go by.

Also is there a way to pair any of the Newer remotes with the mavic 2 pro?

I only have the original Mavic, but I suspect the 2 is like the original in that it automatically starts to self-discharge the batteries (both aircraft and remote) to a "Storage" charge state after some number of days of non-use. I think the default is 10 days if I recall correctly. Storing LiPo batteries at a 60% state of charge is intended to prolong the life of the battery.

-Rod

That’s quite normal. The remote controller never fully powers down but operates in a very low power state. That’s how it is able to detect the power button being pressed with a single or double tap. It has no ‘real’ on/off switch like many modern devices.

You can control the rate/days of discharge in settings.

I don't know of any battery that keeps full charge forever, but yeah, installed in a device that takes a trickle will make it happen quicker. My land cameras will run the batteries down sitting on a shelf for any longish period of time (of course, they take power to keep settings).

It's not a big deal.

Only perhaps 'one' of the smart controllers and even then it will have to be able to run the the Go4 control app. FLY App only controllers use, I believe, different communication protocols that are probably incompatible with the M2P.

Why does my mavic 2 remote battery keeps discharging on its own without being used? I leave it fully charged and by the next time I check, the battery has discharged to 90% and then continues as the days go by.

Again, the point it is just discharges by the next day and after the discharge seems to stop or be slower. I'm talking about the RC1A/B

Again, the point it is just discharges by the next day and after the discharge seems to stop or be slower. I'm talking about the RC1A/B
As already mentioned it is perfectly normal. There is no physical switch to disconnect the battery. The internal electronics switches to low power mode (often referred to ‘sleep mode’) to save battery power but can be woken by pressing the ’On/Off‘ button, which wakes the device and powers-on the transmitter/receiver/display etc.

That’s quite normal. The remote controller never fully powers down but operates in a very low power state. That’s how it is able to detect the power button being pressed with a single or double tap. It has no ‘real’ on/off switch like many modern devices.
THATS SOME NEW INFO FOR MR THANKS

My Mavic 2 Pro controller battery has also been on the decline. Mostly just doesn't keep a charge long if sitting. But it charges to 100% and seems to perform ok otherwise.

The internal battery is a 2 cell lipo, as they age they become less efficient because the electrolyte starts to break down. The more they are charged/discharged the less able they are to hold a charge. When you notice that you can't get the battery to charge up and show '100% CHARGED' you should consider swapping out the controller battery for a new one. This is easier than it sounds and there are some very good YouTube videos that walk you through the process.
Another problem with the RC1A/B controllers is the section of the core board that is dedicated to battery management. In some instances, certain micro capacitors can blow which leads to the battery behaving strangely. If this is the case, try replacing the core board.
Even if you replace both the internal lipo AND the core board, it will still be cheaper than buying a second hand RC1A/B that will definitely be an unknown quantity until you try using it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne