DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2, remote ID and ADS-B

riseabovesuas

Reactions
So I bought a Mavic Air 2 in May and I'm watching videos on YouTube from last year that show remote ID as an option in the safety menu. Mine doesnt have it and I don't see the ADS-B stuff either (but that might be called something else. DJI says none of their drones have it, but it looks like they did at some point. What gives?

Not all Mavic Air 2 have the ADS-B receiver. If you don’t have the sticker, it’s not indicated on the box and you don’t have the option in DJI Fly, then your MA2 doesn’t have the capability.

You can tell for sure by looking in the battery compartment at the model #. If it ends with a 1N it doesn’t have the receiver.

If it ends with a 3W it does have the receiver.

Reactions: Rchawks and db4476
If an aircraft has their ADS-B transmitter on, the app will pick up the heading of the aircraft, warn you that it's there, and shows a little icon with the flight path along with a verbal warning about an aircraft in the area, lower your altitude (although most times it's an airliner at 30,000 feet). Discussions from early in the Mavic Air 2's life suggest that not all have the sticker. I would guess that the serial number is a better indicator. I believe it was mostly the North American versions that had ADS-B and the European versions did not. I can't remember if Asian versions did or not.

Reactions: Rchawks
Yes that is DJIs name for ADS-B in.

1090 and 978 both. And shows up on your map.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman