DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Smart Controller

Gonzo66

Reactions
Hi, I’m thinking of buying a smart controller. Anyone have pros and cons on this controller? Also do you have to down load firmware to connect and start flying or is it ready to go out of the box?

Reactions: E90RAW
Pros
Fast to get in the air, no setup just turn on & fly.
Bright clear display screen even in the sun.
Long battery life.

Cons
I don't like the position of the threaded holes to connect a lanyard, they are on the bottom, I would have preferred them more central so it would balance nicely, the way my tablet & holder did.
For the price they could have included a lanyard / neck strap.

As to ready to go out of the box, you may have to update firmware as things get updated all the time.

Some users have reported the time & date being wrong but I haven't had this problem but must admit I seldom look.

Do I regret spending the money on it ? No I don’t .
Don't take my word for it, have a look on You Tube for reviews.

Pros
Long battery life.

Cons
I don't like the position of the threaded holes to connect a lanyard, they are on the bottom, I would have preferred them more central so it would balance nicely, the way my tablet & holder did.

As to ready to go out of the box, you may have to update firmware as things get updated all the time.

Some users have reported the time & date being wrong but I haven't had this problem but must admit I seldom look.

Reactions: scoble08 and E90RAW
Thank you. Last question. Is the firmware update using the controller or do I need to connect to my computer?

Thank you. Last question. Is the firmware update using the controller or do I need to connect to my computer?
Nope always through the WiFi but I am sure it can be done via a computer though have not worked out how. One other thing keep holding of the charger it comes with as the controller get itself in knots trying to charge to 100% Two things about that it requires a fast and high charge rate (clue will be the less when charging if they are cycling fast thats good if not it could be your charger and or cable and it has charged to 100% and it has not significantly discharged before the next charge you will get same problem, it will get up to 99% but no higher.

No connection required. And I have not updated my SC since I received it. Have had no problems. Im not a fan of updates as it seems to throw something else off.

Pros
Long battery life.

Cons

Hey There. Do you have any insight on the process for getting an FAA authorization to the smart controller? Trying to find a concise workflow but nothing seems to be posted online for doing so with the controller.

Thanks!

No connection required. And I have not updated my SC since I received it. Have had no problems. Im not a fan of updates as it seems to throw something else off.
It just added new features like "fly immediately" or enhanced the range by 1 kilometer with the latest update. Dont see were thing get thrown off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78