DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 - tough little Bird

Dougcjohn

Reactions
I've seen many Mavic, Spark, even Inspires tag a small tree limb or group of leaves and have it go down or spiral off & do down.
Knowing it doesn't take much resistance to effect Motor or ESC of smaller crafts... bigger platforms too for that matter too.

I recently completed a test Litchi flight, always have it end at 1st way point or hover then manually bring it down. Was in a residential area with a lot of trees and required a little maneuvering to reach drive way. In honesty, I brought it down a bit too quickly while enjoying the tight navigation through the trees.... ya, a bit over zealous confidence was plucked.

Connected with a large maple tree's upper smaller branch at tree top level, so much that it threw leaves and the Mavic went toward the center of tree! With sphincter clamping, I was pushing sticks up & away from center... thinking it was about to stall motor & snag or fall. Could actually "hear" the motors grunt several times as connected with tree leafs, changing pitch like a harmonica; suddenly the little M2P appeared over the top of the tree.

Landing & inspecting the Mavic shown it was well covered with leaf sap on props and fuselage beyond wiping off, required a damp cloth to clean. The props weren't broke but the prop attachment tangs showed large indentations... enough to warrant replacement.

Just passing an observation that the Mavic 2 series appears to be a bit more resilient and able to recover from a small strike.

Reactions: CJH92474 and Bobvt
you were very lucky just check the gimbal mount and the motors for any debris in them and make sure the sensors are clean and not damaged also the cooling intakes at the sides and rear of the mav

you were very lucky just check the gimbal mount and the motors for any debris in them and make sure the sensors are clean and not damaged also the cooling intakes at the sides and rear of the mav
Yep... when I cleaned it up, I covered all those points. Thanks for mentioning just in case!

And yes, major Whew!!! When it appeared above trees!! Both ways... the loss of craft and the $$!!

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98