Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom - drift drone

outsider6

Reactions
Hello
Mavic 2 zoom.
I have a problem with my drone.
The drone suddenly started floating. When I take it off, it doesn't hold its position but immediately flies back about 1-2 meters. The image on the camera also floats slightly (like on a ship). If I want to rotate it 360 degrees, it doesn't do it perfectly in place, it just makes an ellipse. Additionally, the messages "High wind speed", "Strong Wind. Fly with caution", "Dangerous wind" appear, even when the drone is next to me, it hangs in the air and there is no wind at all.
The drone also gently vibrates, shakes.
I suspect that one of the engines may be damaged, maybe it is causing such problems? Is there any way to check this?
I calibrated the compass, IMU and vision sensor, I also refreshed the software. Nothing helps.
I ask more experienced users for help.
Thank you!

Try calibrating the IMU again.
If you suspect a motor then upload a relevant DAT flight log, from the screen device, to here.
Whist doing that I suppose you might as well upload the relevant .txt flight log too.

I would also check that the propellers are undamaged, slightly bend and twist them and look closely for any cracks.
Also check the THREE mounting lugs on the base of each propeller.
Are the motors wobble free?
Have you crashed the drone?
Do any of the drone's arms lift when you give the drone full throttle ?
I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to check that the black motor caps are securely fastened to the motor tops too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felix le Chat
Are you using the original DJI props? Master Airscrew props for the Mavic 2 are great, but the joints can be very stiff. They can require physically opening to 180° opposition before spinning the motors up. If they don't open fully under centrifugal force the drone will judder in flight.

As Yorkshire Pud pointed out: it sounds like a physical fault... a loose, damaged or worn component. Change all your props then work inwards from there.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr