DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Fell from the sky

LukeEdAllen

Reactions
Hi all,

I work for a water company, this morning I was flying a water plant that had flooded due to Hurricane Ian, I was using DroneDeploy with my Mavic 2 Zoom to fly an automated video capture flight plan.

I took off fine and went to the first way-point (Altitude was 50 or 60 ft AGL) 10 seconds into the flight from the first way-point I see disconnected feedback on my controller. I immediately hammered the RTH button on the controller but was getting no response from the drone. I went into a abit of a panic but was able to walk the route of the way points and find the drone. The battery was out but I'm not sure if the battery swelled that might of led to the failure or if the battery fell out on impact. The battery looked fine to me (no visible swelling). Also the crash seemed to have caused an issue with the front left sensor (it wont even allow me to re-calibrate it, when I do on the desktop app I cant see an image from the left sensor so I think its dead). I'm not sure if was a consequence of the crash or caused the crash itself.

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of what happened as I've flown perhaps 200 flights and never had this happen before, its a little bit frustrating to not know exactly what happened to cause the crash.

The dat file I got from DJI Assistant is 700 mb in size which seems really large, I can upload it somewhere for review (cannot attach to this post unfortunately due to the size)

I uploaded the DAT file, hopefully it contains the information needed.

Thanks!
Luke

Last edited:
I think this is the DAT file (I went with the most recent modified for the timestamp of that day)

Attachments

• 2022-10-06 07_46_37-0M6DFA50012U2R.dat
    189 bytes · Views: 8
Last edited:
The last DroneDeploy Log that is available (hopefully its the crash flight)

Attachments

• 633eba8fcd1a9fe944c8cb57_2022-10-06-112255-216_2022-10-06-112724-509.txt
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi