DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom vs Mavic Air 2S

After buying drones for over a decade now, I recommend waiting until you absolutely need a new drone before purchasing. Product releases and price drops come fast in the drone world.

Reactions: Palerider
If I currently don't have a drone and am in the market to buy one, which would you recommend? The Zoom or the 2S?

If I currently don't have a drone and am in the market to buy one, which would you recommend? The Zoom or the 2S?

I love my Mavic 2 Zoom, but you know technology changes a lot and the Mavic 2 zoom was released in 2018 although it has very good sensors on the sides (2S doesn’t) and the camera I still love. If you find a very good deal, I think it is still worth to buy the M2Z otherwise, the 2s has a good review as well. Good luck and whatever you buy, you’ll be happy with.

I love my Mavic 2 Zoom, but you know technology changes a lot and the Mavic 2 zoom was released in 2018 although it has very good sensors on the sides (2S doesn’t) and the camera I still love. If you find a very good deal, I think it is still worth to buy the M2Z otherwise, the 2s has a good review as well. Good luck and whatever you buy, you’ll be happy with.
I think I found the Mavic 2 Zoom for 1099 and the 2S for 999. My understanding was that the 2S had sensors on top, bottom and sides. Is that not correct?

If I
2S all the way if photography/video is your prime objective, as the 1" sensor blows away the Zoom's 1/2" inch, but neither have aperture control. The 2S also has the digital zoom and comes close to the Zoom's (barring optical depth of field)capabilities. Video on the 2S outdoes the Zoom as well, especially because of the sensor, d-log, and 10-bit capability.

On the other hand, if autonomy and collision awareness are important, the decision gets harder, as the 2S will never (my OPINION!!) be fully mission capable, and has already had issues with avoiding objects from the side.

I have a Zoom and it is my favorite for framing shots (I also have the 2 pro and mini 2), but the 2S is lacking for my autonomous needs as mentioned prior, so I will sit out this round and wait to see what the new "pro" offering has (Mavic 3?).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User