DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom vs Mavic Pro 1 Camera?

Pdunnuck

Reactions
Is there any real difference between these two? Is everything about the same in the zoom (besides the zoom)? If it is different, how & what was changed? Why buy the zoom over the mp1?

Thanks

The Zoom is better because the bit rate is higher, less compressed, and if you shoot in h265 you get more detail because it's a more efficient codec. It's comparable to the Mavic Air.

Reactions: brett8883
Thanks for your answer. Does the difference really show that much in a photo?

There is another big difference on top of the zoom and that's the gimbal. The MP1's gimbal will tilt the horizon temporarily when you yaw or turn, the MP2s gimbal does not (like the Spark and Air). Once you've noticed that problem on the MP1 it's hard to "unsee" and it gets annoying !

Reactions: Peio64270
There is another big difference on top of the zoom and that's the gimbal. The MP1's gimbal will tilt the horizon temporarily when you yaw or turn, the MP2s gimbal does not (like the Spark and Air). Once you've noticed that problem on the MP1 it's hard to "unsee" and it gets annoying !
YEP!! But until I convince myself its ok to spend another 1600 Im ok with it

Reactions: deleted member 877
Both have a tiltshift feel to me. Just an observation. I am not sure I like the saturation on the zoom example. But I really like the comparison.

Reactions: RunnerGuy
Each drone set to 16x9, Single Shot, Normal Color, Auto, no correction- just posted

View attachment 73277

View attachment 73278

View attachment 73279

View attachment 73280
I reckon they would be hard to pick if you matched the exposure. Only the difference in FOV would give it away. It’s certainly nit the dramatic difference suggested by your first comparison.

When we think about it there probably shouldn’t be much difference expected given the sensor employed in both models.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty