DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom, won't pan or tilt, gimbal calibration does nothing, no errors indicated - solved

Sandpiper270

Reactions
After my M2Z encountering a tree and falling 20 feet or so into my pasture, I have been fixing things. Last problem to show itself during flight test was no control of camera tilt or pan. I thought at first I had set something wrong in software, but no. Gimbal calibration did not even try and start. The camera would go through its normal twisting and turning on start up, no problems there, and the video feed was good. After a lot of searching here I ran across the threads about a torn ribbon cable showing similar syptoms. I had previously detached the cable between the gimbal control card the the gimbal assembly as it was bound up from the fall. Pretty sure I did not have a torn cable, I took the cable loose between the control card and the gimbal, removed the gimbal. I reset the end of the cable that is under the cover at the top of the gimbal, then put it all back together, re-seating both ends of the control card to gimbal cable carefully.
Fired it back up, and works! Hopefully the last problem solved.

After my M2Z encountering a tree and falling 20 feet or so into my pasture, I have been fixing things. Last problem to show itself during flight test was no control of camera tilt or pan. I thought at first I had set something wrong in software, but no. Gimbal calibration did not even try and start. The camera would go through its normal twisting and turning on start up, no problems there, and the video feed was good. After a lot of searching here I ran across the threads about a torn ribbon cable showing similar syptoms. I had previously detached the cable between the gimbal control card the the gimbal assembly as it was bound up from the fall. Pretty sure I did not have a torn cable, I took the cable loose between the control card and the gimbal, removed the gimbal. I reset the end of the cable that is under the cover at the top of the gimbal, then put it all back together, re-seating both ends of the control card to gimbal cable carefully.
Fired it back up, and works! Hopefully the last problem solved.

So it was the flat ribbon cable that causes the problem with the gimbal tilt function?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada