DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 "Aircraft not connected to RC"

clubred

Reactions
New Mavic 3 pilot (have had DJI Mini 2 and Autel EVO 2 Pro for some time). Got the new M3 and went through the process of pairing to a new DJI RC Pro. I updated all firmware to latest. 1st flight, the RC disconnected, screen image froze in grey-scale with a message of “Aircraft not connected to RC.” Fortunately, I had RTH set up, and the aircraft returned (I was able to slow the landing a bit and maneuver the M3 since it was not landing exactly at the home point and was getting near some trees, but the RC screen stayed black). After looking at online forums, I re-calibrated the RC, IMU, gimbal and compass, and re-paired the M3 and RC Pro. Same result, even when the drone was only a few yards away. I tried it with the regular RC-N1 that comes with the drone. Again, RC was disconnected again mid-flight. Tried it one last time and RC wouldn’t even connect with the M3.

Interesting that I could control the aircraft at some points even though it said RC was not connected.

Also, for what it’s worth, I eventually looked at the video from my initial (aborted) 1st flight from the aircraft’s SD card, and it was very bad. Extremely choppy, as if video was a time-lapse. Not sure if that’s related.

Anyway, I’m very frustrated with this expensive new purchase compared to my Autel or to my cheaper DJI Mini 2. Any ideas would be welcome.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
New Mavic 3 pilot (have had DJI Mini 2 and Autel EVO 2 Pro for some time). Got the new M3 and went through the process of pairing to a new DJI RC Pro. I updated all firmware to latest. 1st flight, the RC disconnected, screen image froze in grey-scale with a message of “Aircraft not connected to RC.” Fortunately, I had RTH set up, and the aircraft returned (I was able to slow the landing a bit and maneuver the M3 since it was not landing exactly at the home point and was getting near some trees, but the RC screen stayed black). After looking at online forums, I re-calibrated the RC, IMU, gimbal and compass, and re-paired the M3 and RC Pro. Same result, even when the drone was only a few yards away. I tried it with the regular RC-N1 that comes with the drone. Again, RC was disconnected again mid-flight. Tried it one last time and RC wouldn’t even connect with the M3.

Interesting that I could control the aircraft at some points even though it said RC was not connected.

Also, for what it’s worth, I eventually looked at the video from my initial (aborted) 1st flight from the aircraft’s SD card, and it was very bad. Extremely choppy, as if video was a time-lapse. Not sure if that’s related.

Anyway, I’m very frustrated with this expensive new purchase compared to my Autel or to my cheaper DJI Mini 2. Any ideas would be welcome.
This is the EXACT issue I'm having with m Air 2 S / RC Pro combo. Gray screen, frozen image, with a brief moment of control. I did a factory reset of the RC Pro last night and all seems OK now. DJI support says:

n70HfDmL3rvxQOiHeF__GRPpw79Izn9xtKmxfwnYOH1xrbpK3HZq4my2leweHkR-Aqqz8zpOSxNmgvsT_ESxYNz0lCfTWl-k6pzMfM3cXhX6xB9KajNE9gwGP62itdfBacRUkxwFwPwpDUDZtFFlQ-3TEsRJaX-7HRdVh6RVGr94pJ1sxtCltd_lxT7RiwfuZwifEOS6sT8mR2VoWj5mP4xs93u6wquNa8HE3vHCWkqr-DLl=s0-d-e1-ft
Thanks for contacting DJI Technical Support and I hope you doing fine today.

Sorry for what happened. Please troubleshoot as the following steps:
① Ensure that the aircraft is within the maximum flight distance and in an open area free of interference. The interference can come from, including but not limited to, Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, wires, substations, base stations, and broadcast towers;
② Please adjust the position of the antenna of the remote control so that the wide side is facing the aircraft to ensure the normal transmission of the signal.
③ Enter the image transmission setting interface of app to check the image transmission channel quality. Please manually switch 2.4G or 5.8G band and select the channel with less interference;
④ Re-link the aircraft and remote controller;
⑤ Confirm whether the SD card is installed. It is recommended to remove the SD card and restart the device before attempting;
⑥ When without installing SD card, refresh the firmware of aircraft or remote controller.

Thanks for you help! I returned it today and ordered a new one (nice that there is a discount now).

I'm getting a similar problem w/ M3, running fine up to now, DJI Fly 1.5.10 on Android 10 tablet (Tripltek 8), just started getting "RC not connected to Aircraft" msg just after takeoff, then reconnects, disconnects, over and over again. Never actually lost physical control (low altitude hover), seems like it is reconnecting before RTH is engaged. So I tried everything I could think of, re-boot, different cable, re-link, re-install app, nothing worked. So I tried my iPhone, running Fly 1.5.10, works just fine (no disconnects). Then I noticed my Android kernel updated just a couple days prior 4.14.141+ which seems like too big of a coincidence as that is literally the only thing that has changed? I reported to DJI, no word yet, but it seems likely this is a compatibility issue between my particular Android tablet and the current Fly app. I might try to roll back the kernel patch, if that is actually possible?

I'm getting a similar problem w/ M3, running fine up to now, DJI Fly 1.5.10 on Android 10 tablet (Tripltek 8), just started getting "RC not connected to Aircraft" msg just after takeoff, then reconnects, disconnects, over and over again. Never actually lost physical control (low altitude hover), seems like it is reconnecting before RTH is engaged. So I tried everything I could think of, re-boot, different cable, re-link, re-install app, nothing worked. So I tried my iPhone, running Fly 1.5.10, works just fine (no disconnects). Then I noticed my Android kernel updated just a couple days prior 4.14.141+ which seems like too big of a coincidence as that is literally the only thing that has changed? I reported to DJI, no word yet, but it seems likely this is a compatibility issue between my particular Android tablet and the current Fly app. I might try to roll back the kernel patch, if that is actually possible?
Thought I would update my post, in case anyone else experiences this repeated "RC not connected to AC" problem. I tried a lot of different cables on my Tripltek (which I still love) and phone. Strangely, the same cable worked on my Mavic Air 2 controller. After a lot of testing, I never figured out positively, it certainly could be a twitchy usb connector on the controller or the tablet, but the only certainty was that particular cable didn't work on the Mavic 3 controller. Strange, since it had been working w/ zero problems for 6 months, but apparently it does happen, probably a twitchy connector. So I threw out the cable and moved on, no problems yet, fingers crossed...

Thought I would update my post, in case anyone else experiences this repeated "RC not connected to AC" problem. I tried a lot of different cables on my Tripltek (which I still love) and phone. Strangely, the same cable worked on my Mavic Air 2 controller. After a lot of testing, I never figured out positively, it certainly could be a twitchy usb connector on the controller or the tablet, but the only certainty was that particular cable didn't work on the Mavic 3 controller. Strange, since it had been working w/ zero problems for 6 months, but apparently it does happen, probably a twitchy connector. So I threw out the cable and moved on, no problems yet, fingers crossed...
Are you still problem free?

I had a bright orange (USB C to USB C) cable that came with a Seagate or LaCie hard drive and that's the one I finally used, although I tried several and all of the hard drive cables worked fine, I just used the orange one since it is easy to identify. The one that went bad was a "one way" cable, where one connector had to connect to the controller (I marked it "RC" w/ a Sharpie) - yes, I had it connected right, maybe the cable or connector went bad, or maybe the problem wasn't the cable, but all I can say is it works fine with any of the USB C to C data cables I tried.

I had a bright orange (USB C to USB C) cable that came with a Seagate or LaCie hard drive and that's the one I finally used, although I tried several and all of the hard drive cables worked fine, I just used the orange one since it is easy to identify. The one that went bad was a "one way" cable, where one connector had to connect to the controller (I marked it "RC" w/ a Sharpie) - yes, I had it connected right, maybe the cable or connector went bad, or maybe the problem wasn't the cable, but all I can say is it works fine with any of the USB C to C data cables I tried.
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys