DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 and first try at making a video.

Not bad

Reactions: Ldwillie1216
Unfortunately I don’t think my MacBook (2014) can handle it. It will render smooth but when I am working on clips and edits it’s jerky/laggy

For your first edited video (yes?), it was very good. Your flying was excellent, smooth and a nice mix of shots. It was a bit too long given the monochrome nature of wintery scenes. I'd say shoot for maybe 3:00. Evne with the gray skies, you could color grade a little more to help the video. Just always think "story". You're telling a story with your video. So, music is crucial...you could use sound effects, the natural sounds you'd find in that location (even record sound on your phone) and mix it in some with the music...an opening title is not a bad idea either. Yours could be, "The Solitude of Winter" or something like that. The slow motion shots of the snow were great, such big flakes! Keep at it.

Reactions: dozzn
Not b ad if it's your first attempt. Music choice could be improved plus do your best to edit the video cuts on the music beats. Some of your cuts seem all over the place in relation to the music. Keep at it.

For your first edited video (yes?), it was very good. Your flying was excellent, smooth and a nice mix of shots. It was a bit too long given the monochrome nature of wintery scenes. I'd say shoot for maybe 3:00. Evne with the gray skies, you could color grade a little more to help the video. Just always think "story". You're telling a story with your video. So, music is crucial...you could use sound effects, the natural sounds you'd find in that location (even record sound on your phone) and mix it in some with the music...an opening title is not a bad idea either. Yours could be, "The Solitude of Winter" or something like that. The slow motion shots of the snow were great, such big flakes! Keep at it.
Hmmm….. did not even think of sound effects. Great ideas…. Yes on length for sure …… had a hard time deciding cutting vs keeping.

Title, yes lol will have to figure out how to add text in next one

I guess this title would be “ my first SD card is getting full so time to pack it into a video that is too long”

Lol😆

Thanks for feedback 😉👍

Reactions: dozzn
Not b ad if it's your first attempt. Music choice could be improved plus do your best to edit the video cuts on the music beats. Some of your cuts seem all over the place in relation to the music. Keep at it.
Thanks for the input 😉

I put it all together then it dawned on me about beat and clip transitions. Lol

Next time 😉👍

Except for the put me to sleep music, your videography was incredible and super smooth....for a first video, better than mine after a year of effort!!! Looking forward to see MORE!

Reactions: Ldwillie1216

Loving the Mavic 3 and learning lots about drone, videography, and editing.

Would love any feedback on any area

I had a hard time deciding in what order to put the videos in for one
This is a duplicate submission. See my comments from the first submission.Here they are- cut/pasted again.

If you really want some hopefully constructive opinions, here goes:
Over all it was a pleasant video with some nice compositions. I especially liked the tree clump with shadows over the lake. I liked the smooth flying and the music choice was perfect. It's too bad there are very few colors in the winter. The red roof had a flat color.

Here are some of the problems I noted;

(1) first off, 1080p- not good. I wished everything to be sharper but there was only 1080p as a choice of resolution.
(2) It was way too long for this forum. If a film is long, it should at least tell a story- not repetitive scenes
Most of us like to keep our videos under 3.0 minutes rather than 5 minutes.
(3) Repetition-
(a)the icy lake - at least 5 times (and I stopped it short of the end)
(b) the cell towers- 3 scenes
(c) the shore line - too numerous to count
(d) the Snow flakes- at least 3 times while I watched

If you had selected the best scene of each of the four I just noted, it would have been just the right timing. Please bear in mind, this is only my personal opinion and doesn't take away your good filming and editing. As I often say, 'Less is More." If you watch your statistics (You Tube keeps this on your channel) you will soon discover that less than 30% of viewers finish any of the videos! The longer past 3 min the video runs, the more rapidly the viewing times falls off.

Dale
Miami

Thanks for the tips, I will try to tackle the music beast on my next one 😉

This is a duplicate submission. See my comments from the first submission.Here they are- cut/pasted again.

If you really want some hopefully constructive opinions, here goes:
Over all it was a pleasant video with some nice compositions. I especially liked the tree clump with shadows over the lake. I liked the smooth flying and the music choice was perfect. It's too bad there are very few colors in the winter. The red roof had a flat color.

Here are some of the problems I noted;

(1) first off, 1080p- not good. I wished everything to be sharper but there was only 1080p as a choice of resolution.
(2) It was way too long for this forum. If a film is long, it should at least tell a story- not repetitive scenes
Most of us like to keep our videos under 3.0 minutes rather than 5 minutes.
(3) Repetition-
(a)the icy lake - at least 5 times (and I stopped it short of the end)
(b) the cell towers- 3 scenes
(c) the shore line - too numerous to count
(d) the Snow flakes- at least 3 times while I watched

If you had selected the best scene of each of the four I just noted, it would have been just the right timing. Please bear in mind, this is only my personal opinion and doesn't take away your good filming and editing. As I often say, 'Less is More." If you watch your statistics (You Tube keeps this on your channel) you will soon discover that less than 30% of viewers finish any of the videos! The longer past 3 min the video runs, the more rapidly the viewing times falls off.

Dale
Miami
Thanks for the insight ;)

Diversify my footage, shorten my videos, figure out how to do it in 4K with my old laptop and try to match the music with mood/beat 👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147