DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 APAS 5 Test and Advance RTH test.

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
I am just sharing a video testing the Mavic 3 APAS 5 around trees and also Advance Return to Home around trees.

As you see the system is not perfect but is great!!! The automatic avoidance is annoying. DJI should allow to cancel the message without has to close and open the app.

Reactions: Saladshooter
Very impressive avoidance protocols displayed via M3, damned annoying voice prompts, half expected Capt Picard to order Computer - Voice Announcements OFF !
Love the sharp 1080p video display from controller.

When I flew the Mavic 3 last weekend, I didn’t get any ”automatic avoidance” voice prompts even as I came close to obstacles.yes, the beeping sound was there though.

This morning there was a firmware update. After updating, I went out to the field, and the “automatic avoidance” came on incessantly in an open field. I raised the drone to 200 feet with nothing close by, and the incessant “automatic avoidance” didn’t stop. I landed, it didn’t stop. I powered off the drone, it didn’t stop. I powered off the controller, it didn’t stop. I had to quit the app before it stopped.

I rebooted my mobile, thinking that would solve the problem. Nothing changed. I’m fit to be tied.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a glitch? Did it just happen as of the latest firmware update?

Very frustrating

Reactions: maven4336
The automatic avoidance is not from APAS. Is coming from the ADS-B tracking system.
If you notice an manage aircraft was in the zone but 1500ft high and the system was trigger.

Thank you so much for your quick response.

In fact, there was a plane a couple of thousand feet away flying one of those advertising banners, and in fact I did see a warning on my screen about that. Is there a way to turn off the incessant voice prompt though from the ADS-B? I’m never going to fly that high in any case.

Also, why did the voice prompt not stop until I’d quit the app? Powering off the drone and the controller didn’t stop the voice prompts at all.

Also, why did the voice prompt not stop until I’d quit the app? Powering off the drone and the controller didn’t stop the voice prompts at all.
That might suggest one solution, ........turn your phone's speaker off?

That might suggest one solution, ........turn your phone's speaker off?
I sent an email to DJI support, and they suggested deleting the app and reinstalling it. Did that. Will go flying again today and see what happens (hopefully another banner-towing plane flies by again today). And will report on it here if a plane does fly by.

In addition, DJI support said that if deleting the app and reinstalling it doesn't solve the problem, they'll troubleshoot it for me. So, the incessant "automatic avoidance" is clearly a glitch, most likely on the app, not on the vehicle or the controller.

Turning the phone speakers off is not an option. You do need to hear the speaker if some other important alert comes on, and at the time, you're looking at the vehicle rather than the app and the alert notification flashes during those few seconds.

Last edited:
Quick update on my experience with the incessant Mavic 3 ”automatic avoidance” voice prompt.

After hearing back from DJI support, I deleted the DJI Fly app and installed from scratch. Took it to the field today. Everything worked as it should.

Today being a bright sunny Sunday in Southern California, there were more than two dozen recreational planes in the air during the couple of hours I was out flying.

Each time, before I could hear the planes, I saw an onscreen notification as well as heard a voice prompt “Fly with caution.” The voice prompt repeated a few times as the plane came into my view, and I could hear it up above, and as it flew away, the voice prompt stopped. No “automatic avoidance” voice prompts at all. What a relief.

So finally, I got a chance to test out the APAS in a variety of different scenarios for nearly 2 hours. And wow! It delivers!

Reactions: zeusfl
Quick update on my experience with the incessant Mavic 3 ”automatic avoidance” voice prompt.

After hearing back from DJI support, I deleted the DJI Fly app and installed from scratch. Took it to the field today. Everything worked as it should.

Today being a bright sunny Sunday in Southern California, there were more than two dozen recreational planes in the air during the couple of hours I was out flying.

Each time, before I could hear the planes, I saw an onscreen notification as well as heard a voice prompt “Fly with caution.” The voice prompt repeated a few times as the plane came into my view, and I could hear it up above, and as it flew away, the voice prompt stopped. No “automatic avoidance” voice prompts at all. What a relief.

So finally, I got a chance to test out the APAS in a variety of different scenarios for nearly 2 hours. And wow! It delivers!
I will try deleting the app and reinstalling to see if the problem goes away. Thanks for the tip.

I had a couple of times ADS-B warnings due to commercial jets when operating in authorized zones parallel to a main landing strip. However, up to now, there was a single warning, reporting the distance and altitude, but they were far enough for not being a problem. Today I got the first “Automatic avoidance” alarm from ADS-B when flying in a scenic area where there were some small planes flying at low altitude. I must say that it is a great feature to know the location and altitude of nearby planes. They were at about 240m, I was at about 100m, but I lower considerably anyway. The only problem, as reported by the OP in this thread, is that DJI fly keeps repeating for ever“Automatic avoidance” even after the said planes disappear from the area, and I had to close and reopen the app to reset it. Note that I have DJI fly and firmware up to date, so 5 months since the original report the issue persists. I am slightly stealing this thread, since I was flying the Air 2S and not the Mavic 3, but as it would be expected the ADS-B software is exactly the same.

In the film was the very first one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000