DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Cine Critical Error

MattLeitch

Reactions
I finally received the Mavic 3 Cine Combo on 30/11/21 after ordering on release day.

Aircraft is showing solid red LEDs = critical error. RC Remote shows the error as being all visual obstacle avoidance sensors are unavailable.

Tried all the calibrations and made sure that all firmware is up to date and no change.

Contacted DJU Support and they tell me:

"Visual sensors are disabled when aircraft is on the ground to save power. They will become available on take-off"

So they expect us to launch an aircraft that is showing a critical error.

Seems like a leap of faith to me but I have a screen shot of their advice and will find a safe place to test fly later.

Wish me luck!

I finally received the Mavic 3 Cine Combo on 30/11/21 after ordering on release day.

Aircraft is showing solid red LEDs = critical error. RC Remote shows the error as being all visual obstacle avoidance sensors are unavailable.

Tried all the calibrations and made sure that all firmware is up to date and no change.

"Visual sensors are disabled when aircraft is on the ground to save power. They will become available on take-off"

Seems like a leap of faith to me but I have a screen shot of their advice and will find a safe place to test fly later.

Wish me luck!
Well she flies!

Super quality stills and the RC Remote is a massive improvement over the older DJI Remotes.
IMG_0405.jpg

The critical fault warning does indeed go as soon as the motors are running and the obstacle avoidance sensors turn on.

I don't get a critical warning prior to lift off, the obstacle avoidance indication on the top line of the remote is red until lift off, but I don't get any onscreen messages.

Reactions: Desert Drone Works
I don't get a critical warning prior to lift off, the obstacle avoidance indication on the top line of the remote is red until lift off, but I don't get any onscreen messages.
Me either. However, I don't have the Cine version.

John,

the warning comes from the LED status on the drone i.e. 2 solid red LEDs = critical fault warning.

The obstacle avoidance indication is red on the RC Remote screen as you say.

I wasn't getting any warning messages but I wouldn't usually launch a drone with the LEDs indicating a fault.

It's early days yet for me but this thing seems like great fun to fly. Hope you are enjoying yours

How’s the ProRes video, does it long good, no issues?

Wish me luck!
Refreshing the firmware is something that can be done even if you are Not having any problems and most of the time can only help if anything. So when you are having any types of problems..... it's a no brainer!

Wish me luck!
I always take my drone up about 6 feet and tryout out all the controls before actually sending my drone out. Unfortunately, I have grounded my MAVIC 3 Cine until the firmware release sometime in January 2022. Too many glitches to feel comfortable flying it at this point.

I have a Cine too and no critical error displayed. No errors at all, actually.
She flies beautifully and the video/photo quality is very impressive.

Reactions: zeusfl
I have a Cine too and no critical error displayed. No errors at all, actually.
She flies beautifully and the video/photo quality is very impressive.
The OP was stating that the rear LEDs were solid red. He did not have any critical error messages.
Screenshot_20211207-200335_Gallery.jpg
He may have neglected to rtfm or that last line in any event 🤔 -Just kidding. Glad all is well!

Reactions: MattLeitch

Wish me luck!
I had the exact same experience lol, afraid to fly it for the first time because the sensors weren’t working. Hey, it pays to be cautious🤪

Anyone having trouble with the new controller? When I use the keyboard feature, after the first letter is typed, the keyboard reverts to Chinese characters. Hard to believe I spent so much on the Mavic3 Cine and then find out you are beta testing and cannot use a lot of the features that I have come to enjoy with the DJI Mavic line.

Anyone having trouble with the new controller? When I use the keyboard feature, after the first letter is typed, the keyboard reverts to Chinese characters. Hard to believe I spent so much on the Mavic3 Cine and then find out you are beta testing and cannot use a lot of the features that I have come to enjoy with the DJI Mavic line.
No I have not seen this on the new RC Pro Controller, its working OK, other than a couple of minor bugs, the one you describe isn’t one of them.

When you first powered it up, one of the questions is regarding where you are living, you did select your region?

Failing that do a factory reset on the controller and start again.

The OP was stating that the rear LEDs were solid red. He did not have any critical error messages.
View attachment 139763
He may have neglected to rtfm or that last line in any event 🤔 -Just kidding. Glad all is
View attachment 139763
He may have neglected to rtfm or that last line in any event 🤔 -Just kidding. Glad all is well!
It would be fairly dumb not to RTFM and maybe it’s easy to interpret the manual that way to suit my case however it would be fairly stupid of me as a commercial operator to even start the motors with a critical error led warning without checking first. As it happens the latest firmware update seems to have fixed it

I had this happen, cleared the many Chinese dialects in settings.. and then it came back and happened again after a reset. I just went into Keyboard settings or Laguages and Text and removed some dozen or more Chinese dialects. 🤔 While there, I removed German, French and others. Haven't had a problem since. Try this route. Worked for me.

Reactions: Point Zero
I had this happen, cleared the many Chinese dialects in settings.. and then it came back and happened again after a reset. I just went into Keyboard settings or Laguages and Text and removed some dozen or more Chinese dialects. 🤔 While there, I removed German, French and others. Haven't had a problem since. Try this route. Worked for me.
Thanks for the advice. I will give that a shot as I won't need those languages anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s