DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Cine w/ VR Glasses

Dogpilot

Reactions
I tried both types of DJI Goggles, the Goggles 2 and the Goggles Integra. Both are, well uncomfortable. They also make it so you need to use the motion controller. You can trick the system to use your controller, but with warning banners and reduced range, like 50% reduced range. I had hoped to use them for rock wall inspections and finer control over my flight path with the Cine (I mainly use my two Enterprise drones), which I use for fun. So I backed off from the goggle world and sold them. I saw an old message about somebody using the older version of the xReal glasses and they liked them. They upgraded them since. Now they are up to the xReal air 2 Pro. They come in two flavors, one with electronically controlled glass darkening, or you put a black clip on to mask outside light, less money. I opted for the electronically controlled version as you can still see your drone while you take off and such, then darken them as you fly about for better contrast. Technically, you would need a spotter at this point, but then again, the goggles have no capability to see out of. So I suspect the both methods put you technically out of VLOS, with the goggles from the gitgo.

Ok, these are totally cool. Albeit, my wife says I look like a Borg when wearing them (resistance is futile). I can be much smoother as I run my video tracks and the range is unaffected. The glasses simply plug into the USB-C port on the bottom of the RC Pro. It mirrors what you see on the screen. Switching the livestream view has no effect out of the USB port. If you do not want data, then you need to use the HDMI out port and one of the many HDMI-USB-C converters. they run $40-$60 extra. I got the Xreal one, as it has its own internal power to run the glasses. The glasses run off the USB-C's output normally. HDMI does not supply power to the glasses, hence the adaptor. It does complicate your cabling a bit to go that route. Personally I just use the screen mirroring, since I like the grid Ines for reference.

Really the setup is not much more $$ than the goggles, but it is way cooler and works so much better. They do not work with either the RC controller or the RC-N1. Apparently the RC2 has USB video out, but I don't have one. If you travel a lot, these are very comfortable to watch video from your device, pad or phone. They also have built in audio, ok I'm sold.
glass1.jpgglass2.jpgglass3.jpg

Reactions: AMann and Cafguy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShamrockAerial