DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Enterprise: A few interesting restrictions DJI lifted, but had good reason I suspect.

SteveR43

Reactions
The DJI Mav Enterprise has an altitude limit of 1500m or almost 5000ft. No permissions needed. They didn't do this arbitrarily. I believe it was done because the drone is a survey drone. If the survey is in a mountainous range or a powerline makes it's way up over a mountain peak, and several other scenarios, the Survey drone will need to have the ability to climb much higher than a film making drone ie Mavic 3, Classic, and Cine as well as the Air 2s and Minis.

The other interesting thing is it's "INCOGNITO MODE". ALL LEDs, Strobes and Landing Lights are shut down. They will not turn back on unless commanded by the pilot. I assume this is a "law enforcement" mode. The drone could be a target for gun fire or identified during surveillance ops if the pilot could not simply turn off all the LEDS simultaneously.

Well, those are two operating parameter differences between the DJI "Camera" drones and their "Survey" drone counterparts I thought were interesting. I didn't expect them.

P.S. This isn't a software parameter, but when just filming, I love the mechanical shutter. It makes the camera act like a normal digital off the shelf camera. The lowest shutter speed I can use at night is 1/30th of a second. Anything lower than that, I don't see a change in light input. I have to say, at 1/30th of a second it's amazing how much light it lets in. It's similar to night mode on the standard mavic 3 drones.
Then you have the 1/2000 of a second speed in daylight. It allows for no motion blur at higher speeds when taking video or photos. They did this to increase the speed of survey work. They drone can fly faster while taking it's pics without any distortion or blur in the photos used in reconstructing the survey area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope