DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 enterprise versions

Test that bad boy out for us with some check points in your photogrammetry software of choice! LOL.

I really want to see some tests run with it.

Yeah M3E can shoot raw with the main camera but mine frustratingly keeps setting things back to JPEG only

Kinda hope they can add raw to the telephoto camera as well, weirdly absent.

Disappointed that it doesn’t shoot RAW images
Are you referring to the Enterprise for surveying or the one with the thermal camera?

I can understand the thermal camera variant not having it, but surely the other one would?

I also understand this is the only Mavic 3 version with waypoints?

At the moment, although my Mavic 2 Pro can't stay in the air as long, with its shooting RAW + JPG and its ability to do Waypoints (including via Litchi) it seems to be a cheaper and yet better option. It's almost as if DJI feel they gave away too much when they released the Mavic 2 Pro...

Are you referring to the Enterprise for surveying or the one with the thermal camera?

I can understand the thermal camera variant not having it, but surely the other one would?

I also understand this is the only Mavic 3 version with waypoints?

At the moment, although my Mavic 2 Pro can't stay in the air as long, with its shooting RAW + JPG and its ability to do Waypoints (including via Litchi) it seems to be a cheaper and yet better option. It's almost as if DJI feel they gave away too much when they released the Mavic 2 Pro...
Post #18
I posted an update

***UPDATE**

I read the Mavic 3 Enterprise E will be able to shoot JPG and DNG.

It does shoot RAW. I got one and it has the option to shoot JPEG + RAW. But only the latest Photoshop will read the RAW photo.
I updated that statement if you read further

I created another thread on this question but felt I could ask here. Which version would be a better investment starting up a drone business? I purchased an Autel Evo II V3 Dual RTK but it failed me after 14 days of ownership. I am now in the market for a DJI and wanted to know where to start. I bought the Autel thermal because I thought it was cool but I don't want that overriding the smarter choice if that makes sense.

Hi Colet09, I am in the same boat but going in the opposite direction. I have an M3E drone, which is more RTK/survey quality. Due to the drone having a mechanical shutter and the pictures are sharper, as opposed to the M3T that has an electronic shutter and thermal camera. You need to decide what business sector you want to enter. Building site/construction/building/land surveys? Or thermal. I've seen youtube video's of people using thermal drones to find buck that have been shot and injured, to surveying buildings for thermal "leaks". The thermal camera appears better suited for big temperature differences. An animal's body temperature versus the surrounding ambient temperature. But to use a thermal camera to track below ground pipelines. They will not pick up 1-2 deg temperature difference at 80 to 100m up in the air. So essentially you must decide what sector you want to enter. If building/construction and need to use an RTK. There are a lot more expenses involved. You need to ensure you have access to "NTRIP" becons. Where I live NTRIP costs ~£900/annum. Then there's the cloud software to process the data/photo's. Depending what your requirements are, the cloud cost can get expensive. All part of the costs you need to take into account when developing your cost to client. In closing the M3E is cheaper than the M3T.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi