DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Height Reading Issue

redserv

Reactions
Good Day Guys
I seem to be on a roll today. I was discharging my MAVIC 3 Batteries to 60% with my bird on the ground and noticed that the height on the flyApp saying that I am 17 feet in the air. See pics below anyone experience this?

Attachments

• IMG_20220819_131352.jpg
    IMG_20220819_131352.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220819_131345.jpg
    IMG_20220819_131345.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
Good Day Guys
I seem to be on a roll today. I was discharging my MAVIC 3 Batteries to 60% with my bird on the ground and noticed that the height on the flyApp saying that I am 17 feet in the air. See pics below anyone experience this?
Your Mavic calculates height by measuring changes in air pressure (just like a real plane does).
It's common and normal for there to be a difference in indicated height over the duration of a flight.
Yours would have read zero when you powered on and gradually shifted as you ran the drone.

Watch it next time you fly.

Reactions: redserv
Meta you are spot on. When I started up the FlyApp it was at zero then 3.9 feet and finally stopped at 17 feet..but thanks for that explanation. I was worried for a sec

@redserv ,hi fellow flyer i saw your other thread about discharging your batteries because you were unable to fly as planned
the way you were doing it with just the motors spinning but not airborne does take a long time as there is very little voltage load being applied to reduce the batteries charge
a quicker way to achieve the end result you require is to hover the drone 3 to 4 ft off the ground,and have the camera recording video as well and also switch the downwards facing landing light on all this will help to drain the battery quicker

Reactions: redserv
@redserv ,hi fellow flyer i saw your other thread about discharging your batteries because you were unable to fly as planned
the way you were doing it with just the motors spinning but not airborne does take a long time as there is very little voltage load being applied to reduce the batteries charge
a quicker way to achieve the end result you require is to hover the drone 3 to 4 ft off the ground,and have the camera recording video as well and also switch the downwards facing landing light on all this will help to drain the battery quicker
Thank you so much. I will definitely try that out.

Good suggestions for the OP. Is it possible to turn on the landing light when it isn’t dark? It never occurred to look to see if this is something I can do at will.

Reactions: old man mavic
@JoelP ,as i dont own a Mavic 3 i can not deny or confirm your question about the landing light, ,you would have to look in the appropriate settings menus to see if it is possible

@JoelP ,as i dont own a Mavic 3 i can not deny or confirm your question about the landing light, ,you would have to look in the appropriate settings menus to see if it is possible
Hello... It is totally possible, it is a matter of selecting the Mavic 3's lower leds to turn on in the DJI Fly App. Luck.!

Reactions: danwnz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78