DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 issues

WWF

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I recently bought a Mavic 3 Cine for work purposes. The camera is amazing. But there are a few things i'm concerned about. First, the battery charger is super slow. I can put all three batteries (not even fully depleted) on early in the morning and that evening it's still trying to get it done. Second, the tracking feature seems to start off really jerky then finally settles down. Third (and this started happening yesterday while covering a boating event) when i release the sticks to obtain a steady hover it still keeps flying in the direction it was going. i have to toggle the stick the opposite way to make it stop. This is the one that really freaks me out. I have a Mavic Air2S and i have none of these issues.

Reactions: Lucrett
I had these issues on my Mavic 3 before returning it earlier this year.

For the battery charging, make sure you're using the correct port on the wall adapter. I made the mistake once where I used the USB above the built in and it basically trickle charged.

I had tracking jerkiness also. I summed it up to the aircraft being too powerful, but I'm sure someone with more experience has figured out how to overcome that or change some settings.

I had quite a few control issues with my sticks also. I found out that it would be reduced by disabling OA, especially in sunny conditions.

Keep everything I typed with a grain of salt, however. It's been 4 months since I returned mine. Good luck.

EDIT: Also, you may have better luck searching through the Mavic 3 forums as these issues have been discussed at great lengths.

As mentioned above use the correct usb cable for charging, for the drone not stopping - are you in sports mode? The drone takes longer to come to a full stop in sports mode. For tracking try and track in brake mode instead of bypass mode, this turns of APAS unless you really need APAS which makes the drone jerky when flying but given the stability of the Gimbal, the footage will be stable.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I only use brake, not bypass. Even in the best situation the footage will be unusable anyway. I would much rather have it come to a stop then potentially crash into something it doesn't see when swerving to avoid an obstacle.

I had these issues on my Mavic 3 before returning it earlier this year.

For the battery charging, make sure you're using the correct port on the wall adapter. I made the mistake once where I used the USB above the built in and it basically trickle charged.

I had tracking jerkiness also. I summed it up to the aircraft being too powerful, but I'm sure someone with more experience has figured out how to overcome that or change some settings.

I had quite a few control issues with my sticks also. I found out that it would be reduced by disabling OA, especially in sunny conditions.

Keep everything I typed with a grain of salt, however. It's been 4 months since I returned mine. Good luck.

EDIT: Also, you may have better luck searching through the Mavic 3 forums as these issues have been discussed at great lengths.
Did you slow down the EXP settings on the sticks?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929