DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Micro SD Card and ND Filter advice

leebroath

Reactions
Hey everyone,

I have just purchased 2 x 128GB Samsung Pro Plus (newly released style) cards, but I just noticed DJI recommend Sandisk

Do you think I should cancel, and order instead the Sandisk Extreme Pro (only £1 more than the Extreme version), or should I just stick with Samsung?

Think I read some where the Samsung has a better write speed.

Also if I am using 5.1k video recording, how long video recording will I get before having to change the cards?

And regarding ND Filters, I have always been a great fan of Polar Pro, but their prices are pretty high compared with the Freewell All Day collection (£129),

Has anyone had any good experiences with the Freewell versions, as I would like a polariser (DJI Filters don't do PL)

Thanks for the advise :)

Typically I try to stick with DJI's recommendations (just in case) something goes afoot, DJI can't say I used the wrong card type/manufacture. Honestly, I'd trust the pilots input (here in the forum) waaay more than DJI. If they say Samsung is worthy then I'd stick with your purchase.

In regards to filters . . . the light entering your camera will hit the glass in the filter first; so you want that light to be as pure, balanced and precise as possible. Freewell is very good and they filter my Mavic 2P. Zero Quality/Image Loss (based on my eyes). For my Mavic 3 I went with the Polarpro filters only because I wanted the anamorphic effect lenses . . .

Good luck mate!

At Constant Bit Rate 5.1K/50fps, you get a new file every 3.76GB (3,760,509,052 bytes) and each is 3 minutes 6 seconds. So, roughly 1.25GB a minute.

FWIW, although it's overkill, I'm using SanDisk Extreme Pro Micro SDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 Memory Card (400GB), which is on DJI's recommended list. Like some others, I change the memory card when I change batteries.

Reactions: leebroath
Typically I try to stick with DJI's recommendations (just in case) something goes afoot, DJI can't say I used the wrong card type/manufacture. Honestly, I'd trust the pilots input (here in the forum) waaay more than DJI. If they say Samsung is worthy then I'd stick with your purchase.

In regards to filters . . . the light entering your camera will hit the glass in the filter first; so you want that light to be as pure, balanced and precise as possible. Freewell is very good and they filter my Mavic 2P. Zero Quality/Image Loss (based on my eyes). For my Mavic 3 I went with the Polarpro filters only because I wanted the anamorphic effect lenses . . .

Good luck mate!

Cheers bud,

How much was the Polar Pro pack you purchased?

I live in the UK, and from what I can see we don't have many of the options

Although the Directors Collection at £399.... Wow !!! what a price!

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
At Constant Bit Rate 5.1K/50fps, you get a new file every 3.76GB (3,760,509,052 bytes) and each is 3 minutes 6 seconds. So, roughly 1.25GB a minute.

FWIW, although it's overkill, I'm using SanDisk Extreme Pro Micro SDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 Memory Card (400GB), which is on DJI's recommended list. Like some others, I change the memory card when I change batteries.
So you change the 400GB card every time you change the battery?

How many cards do you have?

So you change the 400GB card every time you change the battery?

How many cards do you have?

I have at least five with me and I rarely do more than five flights a day. If I’m on the road, I don’t reformat the SD cards and I consider them a backup of what I copy each evening onto SSD.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Cheers bud,

How much was the Polar Pro pack you purchased?

I live in the UK, and from what I can see we don't have many of the options

Although the Directors Collection at £399.... Wow !!! what a price!
I purchased the Director's Collection for $399 USD . . .

Reactions: leebroath
I purchased the below also thinking I needed it, never again! Think I only used the lowest filters a few times, never any of the higher ones. The below cost well over £300 at the time.

Polar Pro Limited Filter Collection (ND32, ND64, ND32/PL, ND64/PL)
PolarPro Exposure Filter Collection (ND128, ND256, ND1000 Filters for Long Exposure Photography)
PolarPro Filter 6PK (ND4, ND8, ND16, ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL DJI Mavic 2 Filters)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929