DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Or Air 3?

Steelgtr

Reactions
I'm torn between the 2 even with current pricing on the Air 3. With the tele lens update on the M3 and the awesome Hblad main camera I can't decide. I can get a new M3 NIB here for 1K, if that helps?

thx

bob

Reactions: Cafguy
If I were a Photographer I think I would get the Air 3 I base this solely on the fact that I own an Air2S and that drone is a Workhorse! well worth the price I paid and then some! If you want an "older" Drone I highly recommend an Air 2S!! the accessories for older Drones are much cheaper So its cheaper to own more Batteries and such.
As for better photos I'll leave that to the ones that actually know enough to compare the two of them.

I'm torn between the 2 even with current pricing on the Air 3. With the tele lens update on the M3 and the awesome Hblad main camera I can't decide. I can get a new M3 NIB here for 1K, if that helps?

thx

bob
If your main use will be taking photographs (not video) the M3 Hassy camera is pretty darn good. The dynamic range of the M43 sensor is definitely greater than what Ai3 can do. There are third party programs such DxO PureRaw which can further enhance sharpness and reduce noise further expanding capabilities of these cameras enabling to shoot at high ISO and still getting very good quality outputs. As Mavic 3 Pro owner myself and M3 prior, I am personally leaning towards M3 or even M3Classic if you can still get it.

Reactions: Chrislaf
It is much more simpler as you may think.
For landscapes photography - MAVIC3
For all other types of photography and cinematic video - AIR3

I had both, I almost never used main camera on MAVIC3 its just too wide angle, photos are great of course but doesn't look realistic. 70mm camera that its the same on Air3 and M3PRO even with small sensor it will give better photos for me. Thats the main reason why Mavic3PRO was built because of lack of 70mm.

Reactions: Steelgtr

thx

bob
7x vs. 3x on the tele side and a MFT sensor vs. 1/1.3-inch sensor on the main camera. You decide.
That's the photo side.
On the transmission side, OS4 on the Air 3 is more robust than OS3+ on the Mavic 3.
Lastly, some initial Mavic 3's shipped without RID already enabled.
If you can afford it, get one of each, and see for yourself, and then just sell off the one you don't use.

Reactions: Steelgtr
7x vs. 3x on the tele side and a MFT sensor vs. 1/1.3-inch sensor on the main camera. You decide.
That's the photo side.
On the transmission side, OS4 on the Air 3 is more robust than OS3+ on the Mavic 3.
Lastly, some initial Mavic 3's shipped without RID already enabled.
If you can afford it, get one of each, and see for yourself, and then just sell off the one you don't use.
Not true. Mavic3 has far superior signal strength to AIR3. Specially with RC PRO, its not comparable. MAVIC3 has DH full hack. I have it and I Dont have RID at all. ITs completely off. just need to have correct RC version.

Last edited:
It is much more simpler as you may think.
For landscapes photography - MAVIC3
For all other types of photography and cinematic video - AIR3

I had both, I almost never used main camera on MAVIC3 its just too wide angle, photos are great of course but doesn't look realistic. 70mm camera that its the same on Air3 and M3PRO even with small sensor it will give better photos for me. Thats the main reason why Mavic3PRO was built because of lack of 70mm.
That sounds like your photographic needs are quite specific. I never before heard an argument that photos taken with 24mm lens do not look realistic. Not sure what you mean by that.
70mm on M3P and Air3 is quite capable and very suitable for stitching for the purpose of creating panoramic photographs for example but its IQ and mainly dynamic range is nowhere near the IQ of the main 24mm Hassy camera. That is not surprising given the vastly different sensor size in those cameras and 12MP vs. 20MP.

Last edited:
I dont like landscapes photography with drone, its boring. You will never get a depth with 24mm. Human eye sees like 50mm, thats why 24mm is not realistic.

I dont like landscapes photography with drone, its boring. You will never get a depth with 24mm. Human eye sees like 50mm, thats why 24mm is not realistic.
You need more imagination.
Wide and tele lenses all have their own uses and great images can be taken with all of them.
If it wasn't so, camera makers wouldn't offer such a range of lenses.

Reactions: infinityone
I had both, I almost never used main camera on MAVIC3 its just too wide angle, photos are great of course but doesn't look realistic.

You will never get a depth with 24mm. Human eye sees like 50mm, thats why 24mm is not realistic.
Not realistic? No depth?
DJI_0487aa-XL.jpg

DJI_0725a-XL.jpg

DJI_20240908083053_0092a-XL.jpg

DJI_20240910134458_0193a-XL.jpg

Interesting philosophy. So, you only shoot landscapes with 50mm lens? Care you post a few samples of your realistic landscapes with depth? In the meantime I shoot boring landscapes without depth with M3P 24mm like this

Attachments

• 1000008480-01.jpeg
    1000008480-01.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members