DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 pro fly more over a year old when delivered

twilloo

Reactions
I did not find any discussions regarding my question. This maybe normal but I just received my Mavic 3 pro fly more with rc pro today and on the box the date of manufacture shows that it was produced a little over a year ago. Is this normal or should I expect a more recent manufacture date? I am assuming that DJI put the batteries in a storage state but I just do not personally know what is too long to sit on the shelf. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

I believe that many consumer product manufacturers work in batches - they'll make a huge batch of model A and then a huge batch of model B and so on. Sometimes they'll make only one large batch of the product that they expect to last through the supply chain until they introduce a replacement model. They don't necessarily run continuous production lines for all their products at once like an automotive manufacturer does. So for a model that's been around for a year or more I don't think it's unusual to get a product that was manufactured a year ago.

A partial charge (i.e., between say 40% and 80%) is the optimum for Li-Ion longevity. If the battery is still in that range when you receive it then I wouldn't be concerned.

Reactions: AeroJ
I believe that most consumer product manufacturers work in batches - they'll make a huge batch of model A and then a huge batch of model B and so on. They don't run continuous production lines for all their products at once like an automotive manufacturer does. So for a model that's been around for a year or more I don't think it's unusual to get a product that was manufactured a year ago.

A partial charge (i.e., between say 40% and 80%) is the optimum for Li-Ion longevity. If the battery is still in that range when you receive it then I wouldn't be concerned.
Appreciate your opinion

I did not find any discussions regarding my question. This maybe normal but I just received my Mavic 3 pro fly more with rc pro today and on the box the date of manufacture shows that it was produced a little over a year ago. Is this normal or should I expect a more recent manufacture date? I am assuming that DJI put the batteries in a storage state but I just do not personally know what is too long to sit on the shelf. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Were the relevant boxes all sealed in clear plastic of some sort ?
Was the equipment sold as new ?
Did you have to activate the drone ? If you have yet to switch the drone on you will not be able to answer the latter question. You will shortly have a PM with regards to this.
From where did you buy the equipment ? Don't name names, just indicate wheteher it was from a big online retailer or a 'small' shop or an individual.

I have purchased new Mavic batteries that was almost a year, and I left them on the shelf for a few months before starting to use them. They work perfect. They were in hibernation, and in that state they can be stored for a very long time.
It is important they are in hibernation mode. Storing a used battery for a year may destroy it. It needs "refreshing" every 3-4 months.

Something manfactured a year prior to purchase would'nt bother me none so as long it's NIB and a Warranty is in place.
I believe you'll be fine and an excellent choice of a drone too.

Not that odd, given the bundle you ordered. Among the most expensive, top-end.

I suspect people ordering the package with the RC Pro are somewhat rarified, and I can easily see inventory sitting around for a year or more as they slowly get purchased.

The only thing to have any concern about AT ALL would be the batteries, but if they wake from hibernation and charge, I'd expect them to be fine.

Last edited:
If you are worried about it ...just call dji and ask them what they have to say...or go on their website and "chat"...as mentioned, most likely not a concern, but to hear it from the horses mouth is gratifying

until the Mavic 5 pro comes out, I don't think any of the Mavic 3 pro drones can be considered old stock.

which means these should be good even when the Mavic 4 pro is actively selling.

you're fine and you can always sign up for DJI Care Refresh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtoro101