DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro Lake Video

Tninl

Reactions

I took my Mavic 3 Pro for some footage at the nearby lake and was hoping to get some feedback. This footage was all shot in D-Log M with basic lut's applied and thats about it for post editing. I noticed in a few shots the boats seem a bit soft so I was hoping to get some input on how to improve that. The clip with the skier in particluar stood out. It was almost like it wasnt in perfect focus on the boat.

This was all shot in auto settings, most clips were in 3x zoom except for one of the clips going over the marsh area. That one was shot with the 4/3" sensor. Thank you for the input and feedback.

I took my Mavic 3 Pro for some footage at the nearby lake and was hoping to get some feedback. This footage was all shot in D-Log M with basic lut's applied and thats about it for post editing. I noticed in a few shots the boats seem a bit soft so I was hoping to get some input on how to improve that. The clip with the skier in particluar stood out. It was almost like it wasnt in perfect focus on the boat.

This was all shot in auto settings, most clips were in 3x zoom except for one of the clips going over the marsh area. That one was shot with the 4/3" sensor. Thank you for the input and feedback.
It is nearly 4PM today and you still have no input so this will be the first.

I don't think you will like my input but if you want to know the thoughts of at least one experienced photographer, your scenes are too long, do not tell a story, and lack variety. The absence of a music track accentuates the overly long shots. The color grading was just fine with the DJI LUTs. For example, you start out panning some buildings without any explanation of what they are, and then switch to the fly over of the trees and drying lake. Then to a very long shot of a speed boat with trailing wake. None of it was particularly of interest. There could have been some varied shots of the boat, so close ups with the 3x or 7 x, and an overview of the lake for clarity.

Dale

Reactions: dozzn
I noticed in a few shots the boats seem a bit soft so I was hoping to get some input on how to improve that. The clip with the skier in particluar stood out. It was almost like it wasnt in perfect focus on the boat.

Answering your question about the soft scene, the blurred boat and skier: I don't see it as something to worry about, I would worry about a lot of other things in the video, rather than this, which some have been told you about.

If you still want to try to improve the sharpness of the boat and skier, I can tell you how I would do it with Davinci Resolve:

1.- Increase the mids of the scene and if they start to be exaggerated, apply a power tool + tracking, to just the boat and skier.

2.- If the previous is not enough, upscale the whole scene.

3.- You could also try with the sharpen controls, adding a point or 2.

I hope this helps but I think the sharpness of the boat and the skier are not the main problems of the video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian