DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 pro purchase

twilloo

Reactions
I found a really good deal on a used mavic 3 pro fly more with rc pro controller. He said it has never been flown and sent a pic of the controller that shows no flights or hours logged. Can't a dishonest seller erase that data where there is no way for you to know how many hours it has been flown. As far as pics, everything does look new and not a mark on anything but it is just hard to understand why someone would spend that kind of money and not fly even one time. Appreciate any words of wisdom.

A bit more information would be helpful.
Information on the seller and the platform they are using for the sale?
Any known return policy?
Would also help to know what you consider a “really good deal”.

Is it a meet in person deal?...or long distance
It is off of ebay and ebay is a really great place to buy, not so much to sell. I was really trying to find out if a seller could erase all of the logged flight hours on the controllers and then tell you it has no hours on it.

From what I have read, it is not possible.....but scammers are always one step ahead of the honest people...Does the seller have a history of feedback on Ebay that you can take a look at?

I was really trying to find out if a seller could erase all of the logged flight hours on the controllers and then tell you it has no hours on it.
Yes, you or any other drone owner can delete flight data.
You just slide a flight record to the left and a red panel with a garbage bin icon appears.
Tap the icon and that record is gone.
i-q9DhGXG-M.jpg

A used drone can be a really good buy or maybe it isn't.
If you want to buy a used drone, it's best to meet the seller, examine the drone, take a test flight and ensure the seller unbinds the drone from his account.

Reactions: Wumpus_NJ and Starz
Yes, you or any other drone owner can delete flight data.
You just slide a flight record to the left and a red panel with a garbage bin icon appears.
Tap the icon and that record is gone.
i-q9DhGXG-M.jpg

A used drone can be a really good buy or maybe it isn't.
If you want to buy a used drone, it's best to meet the seller, examine the drone, take a test flight and ensure the seller unbinds the drone from his account.
I have done just what you said with my rc2 and I know sliding left deletes the actual flight log but It did not delete the hours and distance at top of screen. Maybe deleting the account and unbinding will erase that too. Also the owner could have flown the drone with another controller, just saying. If all the data can be erased, it just seems that the only thing you can do is to do a detailed inspection and fly it right away within your return privilege if you have one. (assuming this is not a local sale)

I have done just what you said with my rc2 and I know sliding left deletes the actual flight log but It did not delete the hours and distance at top of screen.
It probably did.
When my drone is connected, the controller shows a different display of hours/distance etc.
Maybe deleting the account and unbinding will erase that too.
Probably not
it just seems that the only thing you can do is to do a detailed inspection and fly it right away within your return privilege if you have one. (assuming this is not a local sale)
Inspecting and test flying is the best way to tell if you are looking at a lightly used good buy or something that has been flown hard and crashed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr