DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 to Mavic 3 Pro transitioning. What to keep, what to get?

The batteries and the RC Pro will both work fine with the Mavic 3 Pro. I did have to apply a firmware update to all of my Mavic 3 batteries but that's a quick task once the controller is updated. Just insert each battery and the controller will apply the update.

Reactions: PAW and GadgetGuy
Switching from two M3, RC Pro, 12 batteries, filters, cases, cards, etc., etc. to full Mavic 3 Pro with all accessories.

Besides getting the new Mavic 3 Pro aircrafts, what else I need to get that is only compatible with Mavic 3 Pro?

Mavic 3 Batteries, RC Pro I can keep, correct?
You will need new filters for sure and in some situations, the OEM M3 filter case that goes into a custom slot might be too narrow or too short for your new larger M3P filter OEM case. Also, you may need a new case or at least makes minor changes to your existing case for the drone body. Most bags are compatible but some custom cases with cutouts often won't allow the bigger M3P w/cover to squeeze into the original M3 space. Otherwise, you are all set!

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
thanks, so:

buy new:
case
filters

update:
battery firmware

keep:
batteries
RC Pro

what about the props?
best filter options at present?

I would first look to see if my case is compatible before getting a new one. You may be able to get away with just a little cutting.

Reactions: muabg
I would first look to see if my case is compatible before getting a new one. You may be able to get away with just a little cutting.
I was able to trim my Cynova Mavic 3 case but I have seen several molded cases that would not work.

I was able to trim my Cynova Mavic 3 case but I have seen several molded cases that would not work.
Thanks, AlanL, for several very good suggestions that helped me trim my Cynova M3 bag so that it now is compatible with my Mavic 3 Pro. Enjoy safe and happy flying!

Attachments

• IMG_2244.jpeg
    IMG_2244.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 13

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan