DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 vs Mini 4 Pro image comparison

PhotoDB

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Has anyone done a head-to-head competition between these two 4/3 camera sensors? I'm guessing the Mavic 3 would win because of greater weight making it more stable in a breeze than the Mini. But I am wondering if anyone has actually tested them both. The higher pixel count on the Mini 4 Pro sounds attractive, but if it's not as sharp, who cares?

They do not have the same sensor.
The mini 4 pro 1/1.3" sensor is 9,6 x 7,2 mm, area 69,12 square mm
The Mavic 3 Four Thirds (4/3) sensor is 17,3 x 13 mm, area 224,90 square mm
That is a HUGE difference.

Last edited:
i-bSvMGDV-M.jpg

There was a typo in my answer above. The Mini 4 Pro sensor is 9,6 x 7,2 mm. I have corrected that.

Reactions: PhotoDB
Has anyone done a head-to-head competition between these two 4/3 camera sensors? I'm guessing the Mavic 3 would win because of greater weight making it more stable in a breeze than the Mini. But I am wondering if anyone has actually tested them both. The higher pixel count on the Mini 4 Pro sounds attractive, but if it's not as sharp, who cares?
Pilot Institute usually does a nice side-by-side comparison. The Air3, Mini 3 Pro and Mini 4 Pro all have the sensor. As said the Mavic 4/3 is larger so catches more light. I would expect the Mavic 3 to be much better in low light.

Good luck!

Reactions: PhotoDB
Thanks, my usage is shooting magazine covers, so I need the best resolution possible. I upgraded from the Mavic Air 2 a while back, and the difference was amazing. Never going back. I misread the size of the Mini 4 Pro sensor. I thought someone said it was a 4/3 like the Mavic 3, hence the question. Thanks, everyone, but I'm happy right where I am with the Mavic 3 for the foreseeable future.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne