DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 won't turn on visual sensors for obstacle avoidance

dmwfotos

Premium Pilot
Reactions
The last two times I've flown my M3 the obstacle avoidance visual sensors have shown red on the main screen.
It still let's me take off, but the red arches are missing on the display when UAV is on the ground and it's not stable in the air.

It's only about 3 weeks old to me. I expect this is either a software or hardware problem but how do I test it.

UAV has been updated to latest firmware via the App.

The last two times I've flown my M3 the obstacle avoidance visual sensors have shown red on the main screen.
It still let's me take off, but the red arches are missing on the display when UAV is on the ground and it's not stable in the air.

It's only about 3 weeks old to me. I expect this is either a software or hardware problem but how do I test it.

UAV has been updated to latest firmware via the App.
The sensors need quite of bit of light to function. Are you having these problems in the daytime?

Sunny or bright overcast.
I've flown the UAV several times without a problem then it appeared yesterday and the day before.

If not low light: Sport Mode; APAS turned off in settings; dirt or fingerprints on the lenses.

If not low light: Sport Mode; APAS turned off in settings; dirt or fingerprints on the lenses.
I made sure in the setting and switch that it was in Normal or Cini, and that APAS was one, including the radar option.
No noticeable dirt or fingerprints were on any of the sensors.z
another text flight today, without cleaning the sensors, but confirming the setting and everything worked as expected.
Visual Sensor icon changed from red to white when the UAV was about 6 feet off the ground.

here's a a shot from the test flight;
DJI_0056-HDR-EditLRG.jpg

Reactions: MadeSlowly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun