DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3E/T firmware has finally arrived (3/2/23)

DRONE-flies-YOU

Reactions
Well DJI finally released the wishlist firmware that should tick all the boxes.

They have really bridged the gap between the consumer & enterprise models with the latest firmware.

1#
Overview:
  • Date: 2023.03.02
  • Aircraft Firmware: v06.01.06.06
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.04.07
  • DJI Pilot 2 App: V6.1.1.1
  • DJI Assistant 2: v2.1.7
What's New?
  • Added Terrain Follow for flight tasks:
a. Smart Oblique and Linear tasks support both Real-Time Follow and DSM Follow.
b. Oblique tasks only support DSM Follow.
  • Added POI function. The aircraft can circle and fly around a PinPoint to obtain omnidirectional information of the target.
  • Added ability to customize the camera angle for Mapping tasks. When planning a flight route, the aircraft orientation and gimbal pitch angle can be set for the route. Convenient for inspections of specific scenarios, such as solar panels.
  • Added ability to execute flight tasks during flight for fast and efficient execution of flight tasks at the current location. Tap the flight route icon to create or select a flight task on the camera or map view of the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Added ability to set Safe Takeoff Altitude for flight tasks to improve flight safety. This parameter setting is only valid when the aircraft executes a flight task before takeoff. If the aircraft starts a flight task during flight, the safe takeoff altitude will not take effect.
  • Added ability to create Mapping or Oblique tasks by selecting an area in the map view. Convenient to generate a flight route after synchronizing the mapping area planned on DJI FlightHub 2 to the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Added ability to import MBTiles format maps downloaded from Maptiler. The map layer can be customized in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Added ability to export logs by different modules in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Added encryption for Network Security Mode in the DJI Pilot 2 app. After setting a password, users can only change the Network Security Mode or adjust the function settings after entering the password.
  • Optimized Real-Time Follow. The minimum altitude is adjusted from 80 m to 30 m. The altitude for Real-Time Follow is updated to 30-200 m.
  • Optimized firmware update prompt in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Fixed issue: the aircraft returns too slowly if RTH is triggered from a short distance.
  • Fixed issue: the RTH altitude is not updated timely on the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Fixed rare issue: the aircraft vibrates when the aircraft orientation is adjusted during manual flight.
  • Added ability for Mavic 3T to adjust infrared temperature measurement parameters, such as subject emissivity and temperature measurement distance.

This is the update that I was waiting for, so I just placed my order thru Advexure. I called them awhile back & loved the responses… easy to see they really care and are knowledgeable!

• Love
Reactions: Advexure
Sure is a great update that packs a punch and we're glad it's now out of beta.

@DRONE-flies-YOU thank you for the shout and we're happy to assist you. Reach out any time if we can of any support or assistance. Fly safe! :cool:

About time! Ability to orbit around a POI has been at top of my list!

Wow ... great Update ;-) It brings a lot of useful things. But where can I find the option to circle (orbit) around an Object and take pictures.
I have tried the POI Fuction but I am only able to define some waypoints ;-)
Is there a possibillity to pinpoint an object and get the drone to orbit around this point, adjusting the radius, the speed and the camera angle just like in the fly App.
It would be a nice function in the enterprise version to get a series of picture to make better 3D-models. Or do I still have to fly this circles by hand.
Am I doing something wrong ?

Marc

Reactions: Spartan Drones
Wow ... great Update ;-) It brings a lot of useful things. But where can I find the option to circle (orbit) around an Object and take pictures.
I have tried the POI Fuction but I am only able to define some waypoints ;-)
Is there a possibillity to pinpoint an object and get the drone to orbit around this point, adjusting the radius, the speed and the camera angle just like in the fly App.
It would be a nice function in the enterprise version to get a series of picture to make better 3D-models. Or do I still have to fly this circles by hand.
Am I doing something wrong ?

Marc
Look this video:

Yea POI is nice for getting some manual shots nice & low for 3D mapping. I am now ADDICTED to doing all this mapping, orthomosaics, etc... I cannot believe I never got into doing this!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcircle