DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 1

alexryan55

Reactions
Hi all,

I just picked up an old mavic air 1. I have an iphone 15 and i cant seem to connect the phone to the remote. I picked up a lightning to usb-c adaptor and still i cant connect the phone to the remote.

Strangely i can fly the drone with either the remote (without getting video feed on phone) or I can fly it using my phone, I cant seem to use my pair the two together.
Am i being a bit stupid an missing something here or is there a solution?

Thanks all

If you end up not being able to use the iPhone I'd buy a second hand oldish android phone and use that, without a sim card, solely for the drone.

Try unplugging the side entry cable from the remote the connect normal USB cables, with or with out the USB-C to lightning adapter, but plugged into the big USB type A connector between the controller's arms. Then connect that cable to the phone.

Reactions: tribar
it using my phone,
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

How are you flying it with your phone? WIFI?

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

How are you flying it with your phone? WIFI?
Apparently it can be flown using just the phone, page 44 of the manual,
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180525/Mavic Air User Manual v1.2.pdf
which was news to me.......

But the point of this post is that I also noticed several mentions of
"Select “Connect to the Aircraft’s Wi-Fi” and “Wired Connection”. And then select “Linking the remote
controller
”"
or similar, which might have relevance.

Reactions: GFields
Apparently it can be flown using just the phone, page 44 of the manual,
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180525/Mavic Air User Manual v1.2.pdf
which was news to me.......

But the point of this post is that I also noticed several mentions of
"Select “Connect to the Aircraft’s Wi-Fi” and “Wired Connection”. And then select “Linking the remote
controller
”"
or similar, which might have relevance.
That answered my question, "How are you flying it with your phone? WIFI?"

I once owned the Air 1 but never just used my phone to fly it.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH