DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 and cycling

Fastdoc98

Reactions
I've done a search and only found a thread or two, but I'm curious what others have done for cycling with their drone. I've seen a couple of mounts for the transmitter on Amazon, but I'm doubtful of their quality and not even sure they will be able to mount on a drop-bar bicycle. I see that GoPro has a chest mount for their cameras; is anything like that available for holding the transmitter on a Mavic? I'd love to be able to get some footage when I'm out on my gravel rides but don't want to risk dropping and damaging the transmitter and my phone. I'd love to hear other users solutions on this one.

Reactions: Rex Peters
I've done a search and only found a thread or two, but I'm curious what others have done for cycling with their drone. I've seen a couple of mounts for the transmitter on Amazon, but I'm doubtful of their quality and not even sure they will be able to mount on a drop-bar bicycle. I see that GoPro has a chest mount for their cameras; is anything like that available for holding the transmitter on a Mavic? I'd love to be able to get some footage when I'm out on my gravel rides but don't want to risk dropping and damaging the transmitter and my phone. I'd love to hear other users solutions on this one.
I would assume you found this one: https://www.amazon.com/Owoda-Pairs-...43dc8&pd_rd_wg=u6d0m&pd_rd_i=B07DC6T5B5&psc=1

Looks to be a well built solid unit, as for Drop Bar, you would probably want to mount it either side on top closest to center. In all Instances I would insure that I had both the device in the remote and the remote proper tethered and doing so so they would swing away from wheel. ;) I am assuming you have some follow me planned?

I am sorry I dont have any ideas, but I will be watching this because I would like to do the same thing...

I went and ordered that one from Amazon. Figured for that price I can give it a shot and if it doesn't work, not that big of a loss. It looks similar to RAM mounts that I've used on my motorcycles before; I'll be curious to see if it's the same size and compatible.

If its no trouble I'd appreciate if you would tell us how it works once you get it.

Depends on the bars themselves as well as 'where' on the bars you want to mount it. Most are 31.8mm or 35mm at the clamp in the center, but then taper as you go out.

So the mount arrived and so far I've just unboxed and mounted to the handlebar, not had a chance to go outside and test it yet (weather has NOT been cooperative). It definitely fits on the handlebar no problem, and the thing I like about this particular mounting system is although its not a quick-release and you do have to spin on the two caps, the screws could be replaced with something that has longer threads if you needed to. The handlebar clamp and arm are made of aluminum so very solidly built, no worries about cheap plastic cracking or splitting. I think for the money it was a good deal, but I'll have to attach it to the bike and actually ride it to see if it's going to perform like I had hoped.

Ok sounds great! The main thing I am worried about is the active track. I have heard of so many reports of mavic air 2s and pros and 2 pros dive bombing what they are tracking. How reliable is the active track on the air 2? have they fixed these diving problems with firmware updates?

Hi sorry to wake up an old thread, but have you tried out that bike mount yet? Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada