DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Battery connector pins

silverdragon

Reactions
Before the compressed air police chime in, I got it, AE5692D6-B225-470D-997C-EFC225371974.jpegso no policeing here”

The photo shows a piece of paper encapsulating a single pin. I carry a small can of compressed air just for that reason. Sometimes I use it to blow dust particles of the camera lens. The reason for this post I want new pilots to see first hand this is all it takes for a situation to happen that may not be good. I have no idea what that particular pin does and the effect if I was to fly the drone in this scenario.

Is this picture of the battery or the drone? I can't imagine how such a thing could happen unless you are "cleaning" the contacts with something like a paper towel (or anything NOT lint-free).

Is this picture of the battery or the drone? I can't imagine how such a thing could happen unless you are "cleaning" the contacts with something like a paper towel (or anything NOT lint-free).

That's a picture of the drone. The batteries don't have pins that stick out like that.

Reactions: old man mavic
good advice for doing regular checks on all your equipment
Thank you Old Man, I have to admit I'm big on the pre flight check and during one I noticed that piece of debris. As I mentioned I carry a small can of air and I air the contacts on battery and pins in drone once a week but obviously I air the components on a need to be basis also.

Reactions: old man mavic
My primary source of heat is a pellet stove - which I love - but it does come with the constant burden of 'dust management and control'. Because of this, I'm a fan of the vacuum rather than forced air. I set it on low suction to vacuum out the battery bay, motor housings, and battery contacts. Also, don't forget to occasionally clean the contacts on the battery charger as well. Again, I use a vacuum for this.

Reactions: MA2 317
Vacuum is better than compressed air in a can but when I'm in the field the can is the best source. As long as you dont press the nub all the way down and press it lightly, the can of air is the best for field use.

Reactions: Brockrock
Good point,
I also use these (Cosmetic brushes ) and they work well also. If you have control and not have a lead finger air works well for me. image.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll