DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 bypass OA

SkyPath Studios

Reactions
I just took my air 2 out for a flight to see if any updates from the mavic 3 trickled into the air 2 firmware, which they did. I decided to play around with the bypass option for OA and the drone just stops, and won’t go around and obstacle. I have switched between the modes and reset settings but nothing seems to work. The drone definitely notices the obstacles because it easily brakes befor hitting them. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it just a bug in the software or something with the drone. Not sure when it last worked because I rarely have the OA on.

I decided to play around with the bypass option for OA and the drone just stops, and won’t go around and obstacle. I have switched between the modes and reset settings but nothing seems to work.

I haven't updated my MA2 yet, but I think the bypass feature is part of the RTH scenario and not with normal flight.

Oh, maybe, I haven't thought of that. Although I know it at least used to be used as a regular feature....?

Oh, maybe, I haven't thought of that. Although I know it at least used to be used as a regular feature....?

Not that I've noticed.

But I don't use it much and usually set my RTH altitude higher than anything around so I haven't had a chance try it.

Bypass is part of normal avoidance.... it only works if moving at a good speed. If you are moving really slowly, the MA2 will still brake and not move around the object.

It could still be a bug in the software..... please keep us advised.

Reactions: MA2 317
Bypass is part of normal avoidance.... it only works if moving at a good speed. If you are moving really slowly, the MA2 will still brake and not move around the object.

It could still be a bug in the software..... please keep us advised.
Oh, I was going pretty slow so that may be the issue. I'll test it again tomorrow and keep you updated.

Oh, I was going pretty slow so that may be the issue. I'll test it again tomorrow and keep you updated.

Have your care refresh ready if it doesn't work. 😁

I just tested out the bypass at a faster speed and still the drone just stops. Good news is the active track still works as normal avoiding trees and bushes, but I guess it’s just a bug we will have to accept at least for now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803