DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - Charging Brick Extension Cable

FarFlungFish

Reactions
Hi All,

The cable that comes from the Charging Brick is a little short for my idea setup at home so am hoping to find a simple extension for it. I am talking about the part that goes from the brick to the battery (or battery doc), not the part that goes from power source to brick. Does anyone know where to find such a thing, I have had a good search but cannot find one. Thanks in advance for your help :)

Hi All,

The cable that comes from the Charging Brick is a little short for my idea setup at home so am hoping to find a simple extension for it. I am talking about the part that goes from the brick to the battery (or battery doc), not the part that goes from power source to brick. Does anyone know where to find such a thing, I have had a good search but cannot find one. Thanks in advance for your help :)
Amazon all day long..you just got to call the cable end correctly...don't feel like looking it up for you :p But it is a set standard end into the block...happy googling :) (hint: term "pigtail") I got one for my Laptop that was too short... seen all the standard ends in there on my search.

Oops: just seen You want the other end, not the AC side...sooo yeah....That isn't made, you would have to make that yourself. Very simple to get some heat shrink and wire to do that in about 5 minutes to lengthen yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: FarFlungFish
The cable that comes from the Charging Brick is a little short for my idea setup at home so am hoping to find a simple extension for it. I am talking about the part that goes from the brick to the battery (or battery doc), not the part that goes from power source to brick.
I wouldn't mess with that if it was me. That cable is "molded" into the brick and carries fairly high current through (probably) fairly thick wires (there are not connections for all 15 or so pins in that cable). You can easily find a longer cable on the AC side (standard interface).
My 2 cents.

Amazon all day long..you just got to call the cable end correctly...don't feel like looking it up for you :p But it is a set standard end into the block...happy googling :) (hint: term "pigtail") I got one for my Laptop that was too short... seen all the standard ends in there on my search.

Oops: just seen You want the other end, not the AC side...sooo yeah....That isn't made, you would have to make that yourself. Very simple to get some heat shrink and wire to do that in about 5 minutes to lengthen yours.
Thanks for your tips.

If I can find the correct connector parts, I can make the wire. Elusive things for now!

Cheers,

I wouldn't mess with that if it was me. That cable is "molded" into the brick and carries fairly high current through (probably) fairly thick wires (there are not connections for all 15 or so pins in that cable). You can easily find a longer cable on the AC side (standard interface).
My 2 cents.
Thanks StantonZ

If I do go down this path (50/50) , I'll be **** careful! and test it before real use.

Thanks for the help

J

Reactions: s2seyecle
Completely agree! Purchased this "option" and worth every cent. Another side benefit, cables/cord is less stiff and wieldy than the heavy electrical cords of the stock charger. And you get to watch (and learn) the changing voltage of the process. Helps you monitor if you only want to charge your batteries for storage, too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22