DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Here is a quick cinematic video from my stay a Natural Bridge, VA...Beautiful Mountain Scenery!
Very nice footage and flying, but I was wondering, while viewing this, did you color correct this footage? It looks sort of flat. Needs some color correction, sharpening, less haze, more details needed.

Reactions: quick2352
Very nice footage and flying, but I was wondering, while viewing this, did you color correct this footage? It looks sort of flat. Needs some color correction, sharpening, less haze, more details needed.
Thanks. Yes, this was my first attempt at filming in D-Cinelike and color grading. You are correct, it does look a little hazy, but most of the clips were filmed in the morning when there's a lot of fog in the mountains. Nonetheless, there is some room for improvement with the color grading. I wasn't too happy with it either, but it was my first time so I just went with it. I appreciate the feedback

Thanks. Yes, this was my first attempt at filming in D-Cinelike and color grading. You are correct, it does look a little hazy, but most of the clips were filmed in the morning when there's a lot of fog in the mountains. Nonetheless, there is some room for improvement with the color grading. I wasn't too happy with it either, but it was my first time so I just went with it. I appreciate the feedback
You're welcome. I'm just trying to help improve your results. I film in H.265 codec fully aware that if I do I must color correct, since everything is shot in the equivalent of RAW and will produce a totally flat image without color correction. Since I fully intend to edit each and every frame of my video, I would rather have all of the pixel resolution of the RAW file to develop under-exposed areas with the shadows slider of Adobe Premiere Pro.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: quick2352
I agree with Dale!
Some constructive criticism: at 1.37 too short, aswell at 1.39 and 2.05 at 2.09 there is nothing interesting to see and it´s too short. The same at 2.11
You did the editing in the rhythm of the music and for short passages you should choose rather close up shots!
There is a rule of thumbs which says: The image (shot) should be as long as one can realyse (see) the content of the scene.
If it´s too short it doesn´t look good (no time to see/realyse all the details) and if it´s too long it becomes boring. Why? Because one "scans" the image with our eyes and once we have seen everyting the image should be cut. If it not we start to scan again, but we discover nothing "new" and then it starts to become boring!
Cheers Paul (A german speaking Swissman) that´s why my english is not perfect :rolleyes:
I played around a little bit with the colors and the contrasts, aswell with the sharpening:

I agree with Dale!
Some constructive criticism: at 1.37 too short, aswell at 1.39 and 2.05 at 2.09 there is nothing interesting to see and it´s too short. The same at 2.11
You did the editing in the rhythm of the music and for short passages you should choose rather close up shots!
There is a rule of thumbs which says: The image (shot) should be as long as one can realyse (see) the content of the scene.
If it´s too short it doesn´t look good (no time to see/realyse all the details) and if it´s too long it becomes boring. Why? Because one "scans" the image with our eyes and once we have seen everyting the image should be cut. If it not we start to scan again, but we discover nothing "new" and then it starts to become boring!
Cheers Paul (A german speaking Swissman) that´s why my english is not perfect :rolleyes:
I played around a little bit with the colors and the contrasts, aswell with the sharpening:

Thank you for your feedback. Now I'm kindly asking you to please delete MY video off your channel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag