DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 New Firmware issues

CASTLE

Reactions
Hello, So a couple of days ago I received "Aircraft Firmware 01.00.0340".
The next day after updating it I took it up to check out the zoom. I waited for it to acquire the satellite's and to finish preflight, Ready. I took it up to about 20 feet and it started to drift away like the GPS was off. It almost crashed into poles and there were people close. I was able to landed it, and then took it off again and it was fine. So i thought maybe it
didn't acquire all satellites. IDK, It was a hairy situation. So the Next day i paid very special attention to pre flight and satellites everything was good 11 or 12 satellites and Ready to fly. I took it up 3 feet and it went forward and crashed into a pool pump. The props are all damaged the upper case scratched and lower case dented. I was pissed. The firmware had to have caused this. This drone has never done this. I put it up in the air after that and calibration and it flew fine.
Also now i cant download videos on my cellphone. It says this "Unable to download files higher then 1080 to phone, connect to pc".
Has anyone
experienced the drifting/ fly away?

I updated my firmware Sunday as well. Took it out for its first flight today and I am not happy. Prior I love flying in sport mode. the Air 2 always flew smooth and flight controls responsive and smooth as well. Now after the update I notice the quad response is jerky when making sharp turns. Even when going slow and turning its jerky. Im not happy. Also after changing out my first battery I launched it again and even though I was in sport mode the quad was in tripod mod. Switching back and fourth between modes did nothing, just stayed in tripod mode. Then after sliding the switch about 10 times. the drone kind of did a quick snap to the left and then the other modes were working. Anyone else having the jerky response as well.

I would probly double check to make sure all updates are done. You can Call DJI and they will probly have you send it in. If you purchased threw Amazon and you are not out of your return/replace period have them swap it out with a new one.
I called DJI about my issue. They checked to see if my drone was currently updated. I told them it has only happened twice, they said if the drone isnt operating or shoots any codes then to call them to most likely send it.
I haven't had that issue since. Just irritated my Drone is a little banged up.

The next day after updating it I took it up to check out the zoom. I waited for it to acquire the satellite's and to finish preflight, Ready. I took it up to about 20 feet and it started to drift away like the GPS was off. It almost crashed into poles and there were people close. I was able to landed it, and then took it off again and it was fine. So i thought maybe it
didn't acquire all satellites. IDK, It was a hairy situation. So the Next day i paid very special attention to pre flight and satellites everything was good 11 or 12 satellites and Ready to fly. I took it up 3 feet and it went forward and crashed into a pool pump. The props are all damaged the upper case scratched and lower case dented. I was pissed. The firmware had to have caused this. This drone has never done this. I put it up in the air after that and calibration and it flew fine.
Also now i cant download videos on my cellphone. It says this "Unable to download files higher then 1080 to phone, connect to pc".
Has anyone
Yup mine took off and i dit not know where it was and had no control over it so i hit RTH and it landet about 100meters away from home point on the middle of a road and was run over, my dji store is helping me.

I would probly double check to make sure all updates are done. You can Call DJI and they will probly have you send it in. If you purchased threw Amazon and you are not out of your return/replace period have them swap it out with a new one.
I called DJI about my issue. They checked to see if my drone was currently updated. I told them it has only happened twice, they said if the drone isnt operating or shoots any codes then to call them to most likely send it.
I haven't had that issue since. Just irritated my Drone is a little banged up.
What issue were you having?

Has anyone

If you can post the flight log files in the phone ( .TXT and .DAT files ). More insight can be obtained. Follow this thread to get the files from the phone : Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE