DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Owners Do Your Fans Sound like this?

AtortPhotography

Reactions
Still having issues not only with the fans sounding odd like this video, but also have this thing getting SO hot and overheating like on two different jobs now and DJI acting like this is all normal? I just don't understand anything when dealing with their customer support ever it seems....I swear it's like a different language....one of horrible customer service. Never experience this stuff with Apple or quality companies.

Just curious if any Mavic Air 2 owners hear this fan noise when done flying...because I do every single time with this replacement they just sent barely even 1 week ago. Thanks this really is annoying feeling like I am ranting, but it is getting in the way of flying comfortably knowing this thing is super hot and not appearing to be cooling correctly or sounding right.

That's not normal, sounds like some parts have expanded from the heat generated during the flight causing the fan to rub.
Does it happen when the AC is cool and just started up ?

That's not normal, sounds like some parts have expanded from the heat generated during the flight causing the fan to rub.
Does it happen when the AC is cool and just started up ?
Yes seems like it’s the norm for this replacement they sent me. Totally doesn’t sound right.

Def not normal....those short blips of the fan trying to run is indicative of it rubbing against something....my mavic air had a fan issue sounded like yours well i decided to open her up....because other than that it flew great and I didn't want to chance getting a piece of crap from DJI. So when i opened the air up there was this piece of gray foam that look like It was supposed to run around the length of the fan instead it was barely touching the blade area....but I guess with everything buttoned up that caused the problem I did some tests and noticed that anything that minutely touched the blades even putting pressure on top of fan would stop blades from turning....it is amazing that it is brushless and pretty strong for a little fan. Reminds me of a little edf kind of with the way the blades system is designed...pretty cool how it pushes air... Anyway since you know your fan works could be something as simple as something touching the fan or rubbing against it if you are real careful they will never know you were in there...you will notice if u attempt this that 1 or 2 screws has this clear goo in the head portion this is for dji to see if u tampered with the drone. I would just use some quick-drying silicone Dab a little on to the Head and use very good drivers for the screws. Antway good luck

Fan is supposed to run but it sounds like it's hitting something.

sounds like a quality control issue during manufacture the foam seal is moving and touching the fan blades

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus