DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 SDK

Ron Caballero CAP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Verde Valley, AZ and Hampshire County, WV
Here are two messages from DJI concerning SDK for Mavic Air 2. We can only hope. I have been reading comments, here, that Mavic Mini is now 'actually' supported.
1)
" I know many of the developers out there using DJI's SDK will be wondering if the SDK is going to support it. The answer is yes! But first we are working on supporting the Mavic Mini within the next few months and then after that, we'll release support for the Mavic Air 2 before the end of 2020. There is no set timeline yet but stay tuned to the forum and release notes for updates.

~Lisa from DJI Developer Support"
2)
"Mavic Mini will be supported around July this year (2020), Mavic Air2 will be supported in Q4 of 2020.

Michael From DJI MSDK Team"

Well... here we are in Q4. It will be interesting to see how fast 3rd party developers jump on this SDK to include the MA2.

Well... here we are in Q4. It will be interesting to see how fast 3rd party developers jump on this SDK to include the MA2.

If it's like the Mavic Mini, Litchi (beta) added support within a week or two of DJI's release of the SDK.

Here are two messages from DJI concerning SDK for Mavic Air 2. We can only hope. I have been reading comments, here, that Mavic Mini is now 'actually' supported.
1)
" I know many of the developers out there using DJI's SDK will be wondering if the SDK is going to support it. The answer is yes! But first we are working on supporting the Mavic Mini within the next few months and then after that, we'll release support for the Mavic Air 2 before the end of 2020. There is no set timeline yet but stay tuned to the forum and release notes for updates.

~Lisa from DJI Developer Support"
2)
"Mavic Mini will be supported around July this year (2020), Mavic Air2 will be supported in Q4 of 2020.

Michael From DJI MSDK Team"
Come on, DJI. This code could be issued next week! Please get it done so that developers can move ahead on enhancing what is already a fantastic piece of hi tech equipment- the Mavic Air 2. ?

Q4 has only just begun. It runs through December. I am waiting for DJI to have its next Update.

Well, I did the follow:
  • Installed the SDK and build and run demo. Got the screen with “Hello World”
  • Opened the Sample project, compiled and run. Got the screen as shown below.
  • Now I want to go further, to build a simple app for my Air-2, that does:
  • Start engines
  • Take off few meters
  • Start camera
  • Turns 360
  • Stop camera
  • Land down
  • Stop engines
  • So, hw shall I proceed from here? Any recommendations? Tips? Directions?

1619464742978.png

Any help is welcome guys.
Thanks in advance

BR

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929