DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 video files

Fortsand

Reactions
Hello, I am new to drones and also to this forum. I have a Mavic Air 2 and have been flying almost a year, but not a whole lot of hours. It seems to be a new ballgame every time I want to download files from my aircraft. In this case, I knew there were some video files on the sd card. I inserted the card into my PC card slot and it immediately a message came up that it was unable to read the files, to format the drive. Well, I didn't format as I would have lost everything. So, I reinstalled the card back in the aircraft and connected to my PC that way. I received the same message as I received above. This also applied to the on board storage. So I was looking at the DJI app on my iPad and the files are under the "aircraft" tab with the iPad connected to the aircraft. When I download a file, it immediately wants to convert them to a "Quick Shot" which I don't want. Is there an option where I can download the file just the way it was shot? Also, why does my PC not recognize the file?? My PC is only about a month old. It is a Lenova with a 512GB SS hard drive and 16GB of ram, this thing is lightning fast. Thanks for any help to simply what I am doing. Thanks.

Hello, I am new to drones and also to this forum. I have a Mavic Air 2 and have been flying almost a year, but not a whole lot of hours. It seems to be a new ballgame every time I want to download files from my aircraft. In this case, I knew there were some video files on the sd card. I inserted the card into my PC card slot and it immediately a message came up that it was unable to read the files, to format the drive. Well, I didn't format as I would have lost everything. So, I reinstalled the card back in the aircraft and connected to my PC that way. I received the same message as I received above. This also applied to the on board storage. So I was looking at the DJI app on my iPad and the files are under the "aircraft" tab with the iPad connected to the aircraft. When I download a file, it immediately wants to convert them to a "Quick Shot" which I don't want. Is there an option where I can download the file just the way it was shot? Also, why does my PC not recognize the file?? My PC is only about a month old. It is a Lenova with a 512GB SS hard drive and 16GB of ram, this thing is lightning fast. Thanks for any help to simply what I am doing. Thanks.
I think I solved the problem. I have one of those card readers that attaches to the iPad charging slot. I was able to see all my files then. I inserted the card back into my PC, then I could read the files. It is strange that it did not work before. Don’t like what has to be done to move files on Mac devices, but in this case it saved my day.

I've been using an iMAC for years. it is as easy as can be! After you get home from flying,
(1) remove the SD card from the drone
(2) place the SD card in the card reader which is attached to the computer. Your computer might still have a SD slot.
(3) click on the folder to open it
(4) Make separate folders on the desk top for "Drone Video." and "Drone Stills."
(5) look at each file- name it, and drag it into its folder (video or still)
(6) once everything is transferred, put the SD card back Ito the drone, and format it for the next time using phone/iPad screen and app to format it.

East Peasy

I've been using an iMAC for years. it is as easy as can be! After you get home from flying,
(1) remove the SD card from the drone
(2) place the SD card in the card reader which is attached to the computer. Your computer might still have a SD slot.
(3) click on the folder to open it
(4) Make separate folders on the desk top for "Drone Video." and "Drone Stills."
(5) look at each file- name it, and drag it into its folder (video or still)
(6) once everything is transferred, put the SD card back Ito the drone, and format it for the next time using phone/iPad screen and app to format it.

East Peasy
He's using a PC, not an iMac, and only has a PC and an iPad, which he mistakenly called a Mac device, instead of an Apple device. However, the process on a PC is identical to that on a Mac.

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sound