DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2S controller compatible with Mini 2

Thank you. I’m getting different answers from people and I want to make sure before I purchase a mini2 drone only

Since the Ma2 and AIR2S supposedly have the same controller I'd like to say yes. I have switched back and forth between my MA2 and Mini2 controller, each having to be paired with the other drone. Not the most inconvenient but unless you're getting a really great deal on drone only it might be worth getting the whole package. If only so that if you break or lose a controller you're not 'out of the game' while waiting on a replacement. Just my 2 cents.

I made this video on this very subject.

I've tried this using an Air 2S and a Mini2, without success. When switching aircraft, the software demands a firmware update. Has anyone been successful using a single controller with these two models?

Also, how do you deal with binding the controller to the aircraft? Is it possible to bind two aircraft to a single controller?

Thanks.

From ALOT Of testing and research I “think” the definitive answer is, “not really,”lol!
I owned an air 2 and mini 2, using one controller was great! Especially since I’m mountaineering in the middle of no where. One less thing to carry! Only need that one controller And a quick easy pairing made both drones work with it no problem. Then I killed the air2 so naturally I replaced it with the air 2s, better camera and using the same batteries I already had was a no brainer. Plus, I could still use both drones on one controller, NOT, exactly.
Here’s why. The mini 2 and the air 2s are not on the same version of occusynch. It is still possible to use that same controller with both mini 2 and Air 2s BUT, you do have to install a quick firmware update So the mini 2 occusynch 2 is updated to the new occusynch 3 that is used by the air2S. So, if you are totally sure you have an internet connection to install the 1minute update, then Yes, you can still use both drones with one Rc unit If you can do that firmware update. If, like me, you are out in the middle of nowhere, then No, you won’t have internet access to do the update and you have to carry 2 Rc units, one with occusynch 2 firmware for the mini 2 and one with occusynch 3 for the air2S. Suck for me! But I will say this, in my experience occusynch 3 is quite a bit better and I’ve never lost a link, I can not say that for occusynch 2. There you have it, a long answer to a simple question. . .

From ALOT Of testing and research I “think” the definitive answer is, “not really,”lol!
I owned an air 2 and mini 2, using one controller was great! Especially since I’m mountaineering in the middle of no where. One less thing to carry! Only need that one controller And a quick easy pairing made both drones work with it no problem. Then I killed the air2 so naturally I replaced it with the air 2s, better camera and using the same batteries I already had was a no brainer. Plus, I could still use both drones on one controller, NOT, exactly.
Here’s why. The mini 2 and the air 2s are not on the same version of occusynch. It is still possible to use that same controller with both mini 2 and Air 2s BUT, you do have to install a quick firmware update So the mini 2 occusynch 2 is updated to the new occusynch 3 that is used by the air2S. So, if you are totally sure you have an internet connection to install the 1minute update, then Yes, you can still use both drones with one Rc unit If you can do that firmware update. If, like me, you are out in the middle of nowhere, then No, you won’t have internet access to do the update and you have to carry 2 Rc units, one with occusynch 2 firmware for the mini 2 and one with occusynch 3 for the air2S. Suck for me! But I will say this, in my experience occusynch 3 is quite a bit better and I’ve never lost a link, I can not say that for occusynch 2. There you have it, a long answer to a simple question. . .
So after you update the mini 2 to work with the Air 2S remote with the firmware update can you then just use the A2S remote to fly both drones. I realize the remote would have to be bound each time you switched drone but that is exactly the same as to when you were using the A2 and mini2.

Have you actually gotten this to work? Please confirm and I will continue putting more time into it. i’m pretty sure I’ve already tried everything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143