DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Charging Questions? (Gen 1)

shawnski451

Reactions
I Have a Gen I Mavic Air that I'm planning on taking on a cross country Moto-Camping trip in the spring time here in the US. Being that I am not going to be near any AC power for much of the trip, it will be an issue keeping my batteries charged up. Does anyone know of a way or an adapter to charge the Gen I Mavic Air batteries with a power bank?

I usually take my Spark with me on these motor cycle adventures and I'm able to charge the Spark batteries off the battery banks that I have... I would really like to take Air with me this time around.

Any Help or advice is appreciated!!!

ThanksDrones1.jpg

12v car charger perhaps? You'd need to rig up a cigarette lighter socket, with a fuse included in its wiring.

Reactions: shawnski451
12v car charger perhaps? You'd need to rig up a cigarette lighter socket, with a fuse included in its wiring.
I see what you're saying but the problem is that the battery capacity is (only 12v/10ah) on my bike... and the charging system isnt really meant to run anything more than the ignition, lights and charge the motorcycle's relatively small battery. Looking for some way to charge the Mavic Air batteries off the two 30,000 mah battery banks that I have.

I see what you're saying but the problem is that the battery capacity is (only 12v/10ah) on my bike... and the charging system isnt really meant to run anything more than the ignition, lights and charge the motorcycle's relatively small battery. Looking for some way to charge the Mavic Air batteries off the two 30,000 mah battery banks that I have.
What bike is it?
According to
DJI Mavic Air Car Charger the output of the DJI car charger is 13.V ; 4.54A,
that's around headlight power. So if you were riding during the day and lights are not a legal requirement then I would think, with the lights off, the altenator should be up to it UNLESS the wiring system was one of the ones that switch in additional phases of/in the altenator when the headlight is switched of e.g. Suzuki of the 1980/90s ( I don't know if that is still done.)
It was a pain in the derrier and the spike as the extra phase came in could supposedly cook the regulator / rectifier, the solution use a Honda regulator / rectifier and change the wiring so that the 3rd phase was always on.

I would NOT use the bike's battery to charge such things if the engine wasn't running.

Reactions: shawnski451
Well, My bike is an older carbureted 1999 Suzuki Marauder VZ800. Its 3 Phase AC, already lost a rectifier last summer trying to charge my phone and a small 10,000mah battery bank at the same time. Unfortunately my headlight is always on asper the manufacturer.

VZ8001.jpgVZ8002.jpg

The specs I have found say its a 250W altenator so I think it should be able to handle the charger even with the headlght on.
Did you replace the regulator/rectifier with a genuine Suzy one? I assume things are still done the same way I 'grew' up with and if so, a Honda regulator/ recitfier from something like a GL1100 might be an idea.
If memory serves me correctly they had a hefty altenator, permanent magnet altenator, NOT an excited field altenator so the regulator rectifier should be a simple 3 phase combined unit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929