DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air controller

borojohn2964

Reactions
Hi. Is there anyway I can stop my controller charging my Galaxy A5 mobile device whilst in use? My mobile is charged up, but my controller seems to be topping up my mobile phone thus using my battery power on the remote? Thanks

John

This is unfortunately totally on the Android system side ... nothing can be done from DJI. Some device brands have them self coded in different options when connecting usb but Samsung goes with the native system.

You mainly have kind of 3 options ...

1. see to that everything is fully charged ... with my Air I can then easily fly my 4 batteries flat, never seen the RC as the bottleneck.

2. root your device & install --> Battery Charge Limit [ROOT] - Apps on Google Play which is the best as you doesn't need to worry about unintentionally completely drain your device to shut down & then not being able to charge it up again.

3. use a small power bank & feed it into the RC micro usb side port & at the same time use the RC usb A port to feed your device.

Short answer, no. Long answer, there are many many threads about this topic in this forum and some have suggested a way around it but in my opinion it is not worth the hassle. Unless you are flying 6 or more batteries at one go, the power draw by the phone from the remote controller is minimal and a non-issue for the usual flight session of 3 batteries or less.

EDIT - I see that slup snuck up on me!

iOS doesn't charge the RC ... better option, well I'm one of those guys that stays clear from everything with an "i" in the brand so not the right guys to say.

But as pointed out ... all charged up & then good to go for at least 4 batteries.

Hi. Is there anyway I can stop my controller charging my Galaxy A5 mobile device whilst in use? My mobile is charged up, but my controller seems to be topping up my mobile phone thus using my battery power on the remote? Thanks

John
use the USB port at the bottom of the controller

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista