DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air gimbal problem without error messages

Prasanna_k

Reactions
My mavic air was little bit hit with the salt water on beach.

after i got
  • Accelerometer failed
  • Gyroscope Error
  • Gimbal cannot receive main controller data​
Errors.

Then i have disassembled the drone and checked everything, i got small saltwater oxide damage on IMU connector. I cleaned it and reassembled everything working fine except gimbal.

my issue is,

Camera tilt full up and down when power on initialization, But, camera cannot completely tilt up and down with the controller wheel, when the camera move down, its stopping on the point between camera forward and downward position.when full tilting up, its slowly tilting and continuously moving slowly and stopping one position faced to forward direction.
When flying, the video is shaking.

Stranger thing is, IMU and gimbal calibrating successfully without any errors. and not showing any errors on DJI GO4 app
I have Refreshed firmware on both aircraft and controller and re-calibrated everything.

But still not solved the error.

My mavic air was little bit hit with the salt water on beach.

after i got
  • Accelerometer failed
  • Gyroscope Error
  • Gimbal cannot receive main controller data​
Errors.

Then i have disassembled the drone and checked everything, i got small saltwater oxide damage on IMU connector. I cleaned it and reassembled everything working fine except gimbal.

my issue is,

Camera tilt full up and down when power on initialization, But, camera cannot completely tilt up and down with the controller wheel, when the camera move down, its stopping on the point between camera forward and downward position.when full tilting up, its slowly tilting and continuously moving slowly and stopping one position faced to forward direction.
When flying, the video is shaking.

Stranger thing is, IMU and gimbal calibrating successfully without any errors. and not showing any errors on DJI GO4 app
I have Refreshed firmware on both aircraft and controller and re-calibrated everything.

But still not solved the error.
Was the salt-water damage anywhere near the gimbal? Because if it was, I'd try replacing the gimbal itself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom