DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Gimbal Repair Tutorial

ABHIII

Reactions
Hi, I came across this video on Youtube for disassembly of Mavic Air. I crashed my new Mavic Air few days a ago. The upper shell has some minor scratches. I purchase couple of Shells to replace the damaged one, but i found it difficult to open the upper shell. I'll give it a another go with the aid of this Video. I hope it helps others in the Future.

Hi guys, do you know how to recalibrate Mavic Air gimbal after gimbal replacement.
Should I do the same exact procedure for dji spark( python ) or I need to do something else.
Thank you for your help

Hi, I came across this video on Youtube for disassembly of Mavic Air. I crashed my new Mavic Air few days a ago. The upper shell has some minor scratches. I purchase couple of Shells to replace the damaged one, but i found it difficult to open the upper shell. I'll give it a another go with the aid of this Video. I hope it helps others in the Future.

I did the same thing. Bought a new gimbal without the camera and cables. Replaced the whole thing.
I used this german video (waaaaaaay better than that ****** one)
My camera moves to a maximum position to the side and down and stays stuck that way. No way of calibrating in the software. Any tips?

Reactions: NVD
Bring this back from the dead.

I keep seeing all these gimbals for sale on ebay, but they ship from China and won't be here until March.

Are there any state-side or in Canada that anyone has gone through?

Bring this back from the dead.

I keep seeing all these gimbals for sale on ebay, but they ship from China and won't be here until March.

Are there any state-side or in Canada that anyone has gone through?
Are you just replacing the gimbal or the whole assembly with the camera? Cameras require "pairing" to the motherboard. Still haven't found the SW to make that happen.

From reading what has been written on the topic in this forum, my understanding is that some camera modules will pair with the motherboard and some don't. It is like a lottery, you either get lucky or you don't.

I ended up just buying an entire camera and gimbal assembly from Ebay.

The seller said he had the calibration software and sent it to me.

But not sure if this is just for the Spark, or if it will work with the Air. Seller claims it works for both.
Screenshot (2).png

But I can't even get it to connect to the drone without giving this error:

Screenshot (1).png

Glad to hear that the camera is the only thing giving the issues. I'll just swap it out and put mine back in.

If I would have known that I would have just ordered the gimbal without the camera. Doh!

Reactions: gdanas87
I ended up just buying an entire camera and gimbal assembly from Ebay.

The seller said he had the calibration software and sent it to me.

But not sure if this is just for the Spark, or if it will work with the Air. Seller claims it works for both.
View attachment 93649

But I can't even get it to connect to the drone without giving this error:

View attachment 93648

Glad to hear that the camera is the only thing giving the issues. I'll just swap it out and put mine back in.

If I would have known that I would have just ordered the gimbal without the camera. Doh!

Hello, I have used the tool in this video
before succesfully to calibrate the gimbal for the mavic pro, spark and the mavic air. The only thing that changes is the model name that you enter in the command line.

I am seeing that in your screenshot, the tool does not "see" your mavic air, probably because of failure to install the dji com port driver. Thats a known issue with windows10 that you use, there is a workaround however. Disable driver signature enforcement with the special restart method and then you can install the driver and the software will be able to "see" your mavic air when connected. No matter the case, you will be able to calibrate the new gimbal, one way or another.
The problem is the camera sn pairing to the core board. I think that is only possible with your software. Can you please private message me the software through here? I have received my replacement gimbal and cam and would like to keep the new camera sensor since my old one is cracked and cannot use it. However, the ebay seller I got it from refuses to supply me with the software you use in the screenshots.

Thanks in advance, I hope my 2c helps you calibrate the gimbal. If you manage to install the unsigned dji drivers you will be able to calibrate your gimbal no problem :D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots