DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Hovering Issue

bmoore1118

Reactions
I am having an issue hovering with my Mavic Air. When I stop to get a hover video I usually have to wait about 10-15 seconds before it 100% stops moving. It is nt moving very much but if you concentrate on an area in the corner you can see it isnt 100% stable. I have re calibrated my gimble. I am not sure if there is anything else I can calibrate as well. Does shotting in tripod mode while hovering make a difference? Thank you for any help!

Reactions: gyubugy
With that info, something isn’t right.
Any movement of the aircraft itself, won’t be corrected by calibrating the gimbal.
A bit more info may help.

With that info, something isn’t right.
Any movement of the aircraft itself, won’t be corrected by calibrating the gimbal.
A bit more info may help.

Lets say i get to a hight i would like to hover in place and take a 5-10 second video to add into my project. Once I get to the hight and hoover it takes a few seconds for the drone to stop moving and be perfectly still. It doesnt move much but if there is a stationary object on the ground you can see that the video isnt completely still.

Lets say i get to a hight i would like to hover in place and take a 5-10 second video to add into my project. Once I get to the hight and hoover it takes a few seconds for the drone to stop moving and be perfectly still. It doesnt move much but if there is a stationary object on the ground you can see that the video isnt completely still.

Sorry to ask,
Any strong wind warning?

Tripod mode do help to a certain extend.

There was some wind but nothing strong. Does tripd mode help when hovering or just when moving?

Tripod mode will reduce ur speed when moving significantly.
In Tripod mode there is also a good balance of stability for photos

I was wondering could it be your movement/ speed to your hovering point and wind that cause your ‘shakiness’, and it takes some time to stabilize.

Reactions: bmoore1118
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weepo67