DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Remote only...

DroneReady

Reactions
... I noticed and some of the info about the mavic air that it says it has a 10 km range... what I'm curious of... is this the maximum range of the Drone to fly on its proposed 21 minute flight time?... or is this the maximum range of the remote to the Drone? Maybe this is how far it can actually fly with signal from remote to drone or maybe this is the distance it can cover even if you flew in circles...the total distance being 10km...because the farthest I have been able to fly is around 10,000 feet in a straight line...which is around 3 km... where does the 10km range come in?
My 3km + range came from flying in a totally unpopulated area of the forest below the mountains where I live.
I could have gone further than 10,000 feet...but I got a "motor current"error and decided to return home.
Thanks in advance for any solid answers.

... I noticed and some of the info about the mavic air that it says it has a 10 km range... what I'm curious of... is this the maximum range of the Drone to fly on its proposed 21 minute flight time?... or is this the maximum range of the remote to the Drone? Maybe this is how far it can actually fly with signal from remote to drone or maybe this is the distance it can cover even if you flew in circles...the total distance being 10km...because the farthest I have been able to fly is around 10,000 feet in a straight line...which is around 3 km... where does the 10km range come in?
My 3km + range came from flying in a totally unpopulated area of the forest below the mountains where I live.
I could have gone further than 10,000 feet...but I got a "motor current"error and decided to return home.
Thanks in advance for any solid answers.

Are you sure you weren't looking at the specifications for the Mavic Air 2? I just checked DJI's specs for the original Mavic Air and the maximum range listed is 4km (in FCC mode, which is the mode that gives the maximum transmission range). 4km is 13123 feet which isn't much more than your results.

Are you sure you weren't looking at the specifications for the Mavic Air 2? I just checked DJI's specs for the original Mavic Air and the maximum range listed is 4km (in FCC mode, which is the mode that gives the maximum transmission range). 4km is 13123 feet which isn't much more than your results.
You can look anywhere on the web or on the specs about the drone...the video transmission is 4km...the drones range is 10km...yes it's the 1st Mavic Air that I'm speaking of.
I own this and the Air 2...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201020-022531_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20201020-022531_Google.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 9
You can look anywhere on the web or on the specs about the drone...the video transmission is 4km...the drones range is 10km...yes it's the 1st Mavic Air that I'm speaking of.
I own this and the Air 2...

That's the total distance you can fly on a battery, so yes more like flying in circles or back and forth a few times. As far as the maximum distance from the remote is concerned, you'd be limited to the transmission range which is indeed 4km.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost