DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air SD Cards

Lastrexking

Reactions
It's wet and windy and grey here in Yorkshire, so with flying not being on the cards, I thought I'd get my Mavic Aie out and just give it a bit of a check over. On doing so, I noticed a message about my SD card 'Slow SD Card'. Now, I've had my Air since they were released and used the same type of card (Sandisk Ulta), just in different storage size. This is a Sandisk Class 10 64Gb, which looking at the manual should be ok, right?

The manual says; 'microSD Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

Admittedly, it's 'supported' not 'recommended', but I don't think that should trigger the message.

Now, I'm partially sighted (don't worry I fly with a spotter) so there's a good chance I'm not reading the card correctly so I've attached a photo.

Do I need to get some better cards?

IMG_1413.jpg

Reactions: old man mavic
It's wet and windy and grey here in Yorkshire, so with flying not being on the cards, I thought I'd get my Mavic Aie out and just give it a bit of a check over. On doing so, I noticed a message about my SD card 'Slow SD Card'. Now, I've had my Air since they were released and used the same type of card (Sandisk Ulta), just in different storage size. This is a Sandisk Class 10 64Gb, which looking at the manual should be ok, right?

Admittedly, it's 'supported' not 'recommended', but I don't think that should trigger the message.

Now, I'm partially sighted (don't worry I fly with a spotter) so there's a good chance I'm not reading the card correctly so I've attached a photo.

View attachment 90672
you would be better off with a sandisk extreme with a 3 in the u like symbol it has a higher read write speed

Reactions: Mrmund and Thomas B
you would be better off with a sandisk extreme with a 3 in the u like symbol it has a higher read write speed
Fabulous, I'll get one ordered. Thank you.

Reactions: old man mavic
The card listed by DJI is a minimum recommendation. you are absolutely fine for using that card. However, if you desire to video/photo in 4K, then it becomes recommended to use a higher class card, such as one with the 3 inside the big U. Cards with this speed would permit faster read/write capabilities for higher speed video/photography.

Reactions: Lastrexking
As an alternative, I also find Toshiba Exceria M302 range (even though marked as U1) to be great - never had a mis-read/mis-save etc However, I mainly film up to 2.7K (P3SE / now MA) but they're accepted by my 4K actioncam as well.

As an alternative, I also find Toshiba Exceria M302 range (even though marked as U1) to be great - never had a mis-read/mis-save etc However, I mainly film up to 2.7K (P3SE / now MA) but they're accepted by my 4K actioncam as well.
I have a ROAV R24K dash cam in the ride. The company highly recommends using only the Samsung U3. I record either 4K or above and mistakenly placed a ROM (Run Of the Mill) no name U1 16Gb micro SD instead. Worked fine and even the 4K setting didn’t bother it. All the videos came out extremely sharp. Did not know if the videos were actually 4K or not, but with the clarity, didn’t care. The U1 chip worked fine!

View attachment 90672
If you want to be sure not to have problems with 2k and 4 k footage, use a Class 3 U3 models, instead of U1. Samsung or Sandisk Class 3 U3 models are OK. If your footage is 1080 up to 60 FPS your model should work.
Personally I use the Sandissk of post 5 and the Samsung Evo Plus

I just got the Sandisk Extreme PRO 64GB which has better read/write speeds that the Sandisk Extreme for only fraction more of the cost. 170MB Read 90 MB Write.

Works great. When I recorded 4K to the internal memory it was very stuttering playing back. This plays back perfectly.

157681.1.jpg

I just got the Sandisk Extreme PRO 64GB which has better read/write speeds that the Sandisk Extreme for only fraction more of the cost. 170MB Read 90 MB Write.

Works great. When I recorded 4K to the internal memory it was very stuttering playing back. This plays back perfectly.

View attachment 90838
I've never used the internal memory. I wonder what type and speed it is.

Reactions: NZmxer
I haven't seen any specs for the internal. I was probably a bit too ambitious to record some footage before purchasing an SD card!
Yeah, I don't think they've ever been release - just had a look. It's nice to have as a back up though I guess.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+